211 works, but 722 don't?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
My 722 gets a #15 Complete SignaL Loss screen. Rebooting and switch check does not help. It picks up 119 sat and OTA channels,but not 110 and 129. It is hooked thru a DP34 switch. My 211 thru the same switch works perfectly, receiving all subscribed channels on all three sats. The DVR screen works and I can watch prerecorded shows. I have disconneted and reconnected the cables coming in from the sats. Help!

Last edited:
Do you have OTA hooked up? If you do, try changing the channel on the OTA tuner/s and see if that helps.

How would that help the 110? If you are running off a DP34 you should have two sat feeds coming in behind your 722, right? When you do a check switch, are they both missing the 110?

Also, if you have a 722, why are you not also connected to 129? Try going out to the switch if you can access it, check that the fittings are not corroded (requires 7/16 wrench) and then snug them back up. You can also try switching the port the 211 is on with one of the feeds to the 722 and see if it brings in the 110 on that tuner then. Based on your responses I can give you a better idea what the problem is then

I get 119, but not 110 aND 129. My original post was incorrect. I disconnected the wires behind the receiver and ouside at the dp-34. Neither helped. I will post signal strength.

I get a signal stength of 68 on tp8, 110 and 71 tp8 on 129 on the 211. On the 722, the check switch only picks up 119. I do not see an option for tv1 and tv2.

you should have 2 lines run from the 722 to the 34 switch run CK switch if 1 gives you a finished matrix and 1 does not there is a wiring problem. Any lose or marginal connection will result in no voltage to the switch and you will only get 1 sat location. the correct voltage to the DP34 is very important.

You can also try switching the port the 211 is on with one of the feeds to the 722 and see if it brings in the 110 on that tuner then. Based on your responses I can give you a better idea what the problem is then

I switched the 211 cable with one of the 722 cables. The 211 still works and the 722 now gets the channels on 129 instead of 119. So. I moved the other 722 cable from port 3 to port 4 on the dp34 and am running a check switch now.

Lost 129, switched cable from port 4 on dp34 back to port 3. Still no signal. Removed both cables from sat in on 722 and cleaned connections. Still no signal from any of the three sats.

I run a check switch between every move, but guess what. I removed the connections from the back of the receiver and sanded the outside of the wires lightly with a little tiny piece of sand paper. Reconnectd them, ran a check switch and walla, had all three of the sats back. Thanks to all, for the suggestions and support. I would never have figured it out without your help. The wires must have corroded in the house, in a cabinet, behind the receiver. WOW!

I would suggest replacing the runs from the 722 to the DP34 it will probably work for a while, but will more than likely give you problems again.

Just one more thing to make sure it will keep working. If you take a look inside the fitting, is the white part flush with the bottom of the threaded section? If it is sunken way down in there, that will also cause you to lose signal strength. Hope it keeps working for you.

Bobby: I sure hope you have more experience than me, because it sounds like you're questioning my troubleshooting steps. Pull out a CQT checklist if you have to, but I make it up as I go to get it solved faster. Check switch may be the catch-all for most CSR's, but techs do troubleshooting on the actual parts too. Thanks

You found a symptom of the problem but not the cause.

If it corroded in the house, water is getting into the cable at some point and working its way up to the rec. If it gets into the rec, which it may have already, it will eventually kill it.

I live in Florida, the humidity is 85% most of the time. Water is everywhere at 85%. The warmth of the receiver should keep it dry as possoble. I will replace both cables from the DP34 to the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts