211K Front Panel buttons locked, remote won't respond

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Just picked up a used 211K from the Dishstore. Got it hooked up and it doesn't respond to the remote. So I figure the address is different. Try to push "SYS INFO" on the front of the receiver and a window pops up saying the front panel buttons are locked. Tried every address on the remote from 1-16 and it still doesn't respond. Pulled the power cord several times, no change.

Any ideas?

E-mail me the Roo number and I'll look up the smart card. Have Dish activate it and they should be able to remove the locks.

If that doesn't work, we'll do an advance exchange and ship you a replacement.

I went through all the extra time and effort to put a sticker on each one of those with the lock codes, but didn't think the front panel would be locked out on a few of them.

It was just revealed on the Retailer chat that there is a hidden batch of remote addresses in Dish Network remotes!

You can try setting the remote address above 16, try this procedure...

Here is the way to go above 16...

Pick the address you want to use...

Let's say for this example we pick 20. The trick is we take the number we want and subtract 16 from it.

So 20 - 16 = 4.

To program in address code 20 we press and hold the Sat Button til it blinks, then press # and then the up arrow, now type in the remote address code (which in this case is 4), now press # and record on your remote. Your remotes address is now 20!

Thanks Claude. I'll play around with it some more tonight and email you the receiver number tomorrow if I can't figure it out.

Claude, was able to get the smartcard number off the screen when receiver booted up. Got DISH in chat to activate it and clear the panel lock, we almost gave up because it seemed to take forever (1/2 hour) to clear. Once the panel worked I was surprised to see remote address was "1". Still couldn't get remote to respond, was almost convinced IR receiver was kaput. Grabbed the remote from my 508 and receiver responded to it fine. Was about ready to email you saying remote was faulty and remembered about the "key". Switched that around and all is well.

I hope activating the external drive DVR function goes smoother. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)