211k Inital Problem

preynolds

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Just purchased a 211k and I am having problems in getting beyond the WARNING..Vital program information will now be downloaded into your receiver. Do not disturb or unplug the receiver until this screen disappears. My problem is the screen has not disappeared as it it stuck on the Status: Searching for information bar at the bottom. It has reached the 3/4 mark in green but has been stuck there for over two hours.
Any suggestions? Can I unplug the receiver and start over again without equipment failure, turn the receiver off, remove and replace the wire to the sat? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I have had many Dish receivers in the past and this is the first time I have every had any problem at all.

Just purchased a 211k and I am having problems in getting beyond the WARNING..Vital program information will now be downloaded into your receiver. Do not disturb or unplug the receiver until this screen disappears. My problem is the screen has not disappeared as it it stuck on the Status: Searching for information bar at the bottom. It has reached the 3/4 mark in green but has been stuck there for over two hours.
Any suggestions? Can I unplug the receiver and start over again without equipment failure, turn the receiver off, remove and replace the wire to the sat? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I have had many Dish receivers in the past and this is the first time I have every had any problem at all.

Yes, unplug the receiver to reset it. Once the receiver comes back on, you should be on the point dish screen. Make sure that you have run a check switch test, and that all satellites are coming in properly. After you do that, select done, and make sure that signal is "Locked" before selcting done again. It should then restart the software downloads (hopefully without issue).

Thanks to MattG for your great tip. Receiver is activated and up and running thanks to your advice. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)