211K Questions

kirbybear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Cresview Florida
Question ? When I started my 211K on June 5 2011 I was able to format my " Guide " to 7 lines with no Live Tv box in the upper right. Some time around June 21 to 25 the Guide inserted the Live Tv box and reduced the 7 lines to where my old eyes can barely read them. The option to delete the Live Tv box also disappeared from the Menu - Preference(8)-Guide Format(1). This loss of full screen large 7 lines with no Live Tv box happened overnite and on both my 211Ks. Was this something I did ? Can I get back to the full screen 7 lines with no Live Tv box insert ?

Question ? I used to record on my Panasonic DVR from my 301 with the receiver off. The 301 would come on - record to the DVR and go off. With the new 211k/EHD, if I want to record to the Panasonic I have to leave the 211K on or I record the dancing DISH screen if the 211 is off. I went to Menu-System Setup(6)-Installation(1)-TV Enhancement(6)-ERD Setup-Enable Recording To An External Device (Enabled the ERD) but still recorded the same dancing DISH screen with the 211K off. What is the function of the ERD setup ?

Thanks Bob

Record to external device is for the old Pocket Dish and similar recorders that can be controlled by a signal on the composite video cable.

There was a thread from a few months ago discussing these new s/w updates,one thing I recall is that it was stated that the new changes was to make it simpler.Just not sure whose idea of simpler it is....

Where are the DIRT guys response ?
There was a software release that removed the "No Video" option from the programming guide.
As to your second question, you stated that you "Enabled the ERD", did you run the VCR Set Up (Menu 6-1-7). Did the VCR complete the test? Please let me know!

maryb I shall try the " VCR Set Up " and let you know. Who can I protest to at DISH on behalf of all us near sighted senior citizens who miss the large type 7 line guide with out the " Video ". Bob

maryb I shall try the " VCR Set Up " and let you know. Who can I protest to at DISH on behalf of all us near sighted senior citizens who miss the large type 7 line guide with out the " Video ". Bob
Bob, just to be sure, did you run the test in the VCR Set-up and did everything work? You can change the font size on your guide. You are not able to remove the video but you can make the font bigger. Menu-8-1, Text size on the top left corner, Medium 4 rows will make it easier for you. I know you will have to scroll more but seeing it does make it much easier. Let me know about the set-up. Thank you!

maryb No the VCR test route did not work. I am aware that I can change font size and number of rows. The non video was perfect. Seven row x four favorite list in big print covered 28 channels. Oh well it was a nice set up for the 2 weeks that I got to use my new 211K before the DISH gods decided otherwise.

That is the problem. We need to find the code that will allow for the function of the DVD player. Did you try more than one code?I list the three most popular ones as 627, 734, & 614. If the receiver is not in control of the DVD player then it will not be able to record properly. Does your DISH network remote work on the Panasonic DVD? Please let me know.
I am sorry about the decision to made the video on the guide permanent and can no longer be disabled. I just wanted to be sure that you were aware of the text change and I have forwarded your feedback about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)