211k resetting channel every morning

nissan4x4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
Hey have a issue, Last few mornings my 211k forgets what channel it was previously left on. And reverts to channel 101, anyone else experience this?Thanks Ty

Are you leaving the receiver tuned to a free preview channel that's not part of your regular package? If so, it will revert to 101 overnight.

Cheers

Or sometimes an HD RSN. Or channel that is currently blacked-out (though not likely in the Morning) like ESPN when it's showing your hometown game.

I don't know about 101. But if I'm watching a channel, usually a movie channel, and I turn it off, sometimes it turns on at the "congratulations you are looking at 61.5" channel. The reason is, say I'm watching a movie on EPIX before I go to bed, my parental controls are set to block specific content. So that channel could be playing a movie with nudity when I wake up for example. The channel is blocked and the receiver reverts to the D61.5 channel.

nissan4x4 said:
Well i noticed that i have been watching my local NBC station to catch jay Leno before bed and it seems thats the issue station that it reverts from.

Are you watching your local NBC affiliate OTA through the 211 or from the Dish channel?

This happens to me on my 211k, but it is always a sports black out issue. For example, the last channel I had on the other afternoon was MLB Network, and I didn't turn the TV on till the next morning. But the evening game on MLB Network was the White Sox and Red Sox, which was blacked out for me being in Chicago. So when I turned on my receiver the next morning, it was on channel 101.

It does happen to my 211K quite few times a week. Mostly I tun the receiver off on HGTV 112, but channel 101 is the one I get on the next day.

Most likely, the orbital information channel if 101 is blocked....

Another question, when you watch the NBC channel, is it the guide you are using?

Yes, but it doesn't address why it's happening. So many times finding out the reason something happens leads to finding out other things......

Mine just started doing this. It never did it before. It gets turned off everyday, and now, it is on 101 every morning.

receiver is at L551.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)