211k Volume ?

quarterwave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Ohio
My new 211k seems to have a huge difference in volume output betwen HD and SD channels. Any fix for this? I looked at all menus can't find any volume leveling.

This has been discussed ad-nauseum, especially as of late. There is no way to fix this and isn't even a problem with your 211 (or any other component). It has to do with the way the tracks are recorded, the levels sent by the originating broadcaster, etc. You could run it through a receiver with Dolby Volume (ugghhh) to level out sounds.

S~

In one of the menu pages, I forget which, there is a setting you can choose between 'Line Mode' and 'RF Mode', that applies to programs transmitted with Dolby audio.
One of these, I think it's 'RF Mode', compresses things into a smaller dynamic range, so the volume more nearly matches SD channels.

There's only 2 to go at anyway, so it's worth experimenting (and sometimes settings have been known to need 'going away from and coming back to' in order to take effect!)

Not happened till roll out

This won't be fixed until the new f/w is rolled out in an update. I don't like to change thing much but recently have been thinking I'll be looking fwd to the update to see what is different. I may only use it part of the time most likely on network TV.

I had a 508 for a number of years and loved it, I am going to add a Ext Drive to this 211k to make a DVR....but, I know it several years...the guide info on the 508 had episode numbers, first air dates and if something was new. I miss that, I hope that is part of the update too. Of course maybe that is part of the DVR stuff....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)