211K W/EHD OFF FOR WINTER

Just thought of something - I'm planning on buying a 211k for an additional TV I now have. Didn't think about it, but does this mean that I'd have to restart my 2 year contract to add the receiver? Or is this more equivelent to cell phones - where once you own the item, there is no contract for subsidizing purposes?
since you would own the receiver there is no contract at all. You can turn it on and off as you please

So I'd still like to know if I activate an owned receiver, would I renew my contract.
no

I guess at the same time, I'd probably deactivate mine during the summer when I'm nto home as much. Winter = TV time.
yep you could do that and then since you own it you'd keep it.

You must be suffering from "Winning Kindle Fire Intoxication Hangover Syndrone". :D...Congrats,BTW!

Yes I'm still a little loopy from that! And Thanks dahenny!

And as usual great work Iceberg and Dirt looks like the Op is all set!:eek:k:

I own my receivers. I have successfully activated and deactivated them as needed over the years without issues. I have a 622 that I use to drive 2 guest rooms. I keep it off most the year. If I have guests coming, like this month, I turn it on right before the first set arrives and turn it off next month until summer visitors arrive.

Yes the 211 is owned, so we're good to go. In fact online chat turned it off yesterday. I'm glad I asked here, as it helped to pass this info on to others. Kudos to SatGuys and DIRT.

Is the 211 $6 a month? Seems like if you do not own it, just pay $36 and forget about it, or find a way to use it inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts