211k with single slot dish

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I have an old style dish that points to a single sat at a time. It is intended for DirecTV, but the place I bought it from said it works with Dish as well. I pointed it to 119 using a DirecTV reciever, then connected the dish to a 211k. It does not want to go past the software download screen. Does the software come from a different satellite? Do I need to have software downloaded before the old style dish will work? Does the 211k require a special switch and would not work with an old style dish?

I'm not sure that will work. You may at least need a new LNB. The 211k needs to point at three satellites in order to receive all the channels.

I can't recall the solution but,this is an issue that has been posted about at least 3 or 4 times last few weeks.For some reason the 211 will just sit trying to d/load the s/w assuming you already have a good signal.

3 Halo...See above... There are no options to get out of the software download, therefore I am unable to point the dish, therefore I am unable to download the software...repeat...not very good engineering if you ask me.

I'd bet if you put a dp dual or legacy lnb on the dish it would take off like it's supposed to. My money says you have a hardware problem with the dish itself.

I thought the LNB for a single slot would be the same for Dish as it is for DirecTV.

Nope..........
Reset that receiver, while it's acquiring signal go to menu 6 1 1 & select 119 & see if you have "locked" signal. I believe you will have your answer.

That is the problem...it goes straight to the software download screen and will not allow me to enter the menus.

Nope..........
Reset that receiver, while it's acquiring signal go to menu 6 1 1 & select 119 & see if you have "locked" signal. I believe you will have your answer.

And run a check switch while you're at it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

That is the problem...it goes straight to the software download screen and will not allow me to enter the menus.
Unplug it from the wall & as soon as you plug it back up start pressing the menu button.

I tried to find the other threads on the same topic to no avail.One member was stuck with the same message,luckily for him he was already locked on 61.5 so it finally d/loaded the s/w.Then he could access the menu and signal screen to fine tune his dish.afaik unless you already have signal there's no way to get around that s/w,d/load.Do you have any other receivers you could lock the signal with?Or a sat meter?

My current setup is with DirecTV. This is my only Dish receiver. Was looking to just have one reciever for PAC12 during football and basketball season. I can lock in on 119 with the DirecTV box. Is it the same bird for both services? If not, I may go out and get a meter.

My current setup is with DirecTV. This is my only Dish receiver. Was looking to just have one reciever for PAC12 during football and basketball season. I can lock in on 119 with the DirecTV box. Is it the same bird for both services? If not, I may go out and get a meter.

According to dishpointer.com they would in fact be pretty close.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

You could certainly give it a go.

So you're saying it doesn't even do acquiring signal? That's odd... Could you take a pic of the screen it's stuck on?

So you're saying it doesn't even do acquiring signal? That's odd... Could you take a pic of the screen it's stuck on?

That's exactly what he's saying.I read of at least 2 other instances of this happening with 211's over the last couple of months.They stick at d/loading s/w and you have no access to menu or anything else.

So it's bricked or what? Do you remember the others being able to recover from this issue?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)