branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Don't have time to look up all the info, so if someone knows the anwser- thanks. We rent a house often for long weekends and such at Smith Mountain Lake outside of Roanoke Va. The house has E* service, but on 110 & 119 (don't know why as they have a LOS to the EA). Can I take one of my stb's there from my house and get programing, We have an EA install, stb's are 211K and 612, I seem to remember reading that this wouldn't work because of the encoding of the channels MPEG2 vs MPEG4 ---Thanks all

yes you can use them on the 119 and 110 but you will have limited HD programming. Just hook em up and run a switch test, when you return home re run switch test.

Do you know what HD programing is on those satellites, I know that I checked a site one time that listed the channels and what birds they were on but for some reason I can't seem to remember where it was--thanks

Click "The List!" at the top of this page and look under the subscriptions link, you'll find the info there.

Thanks for the info guys, knew I had seen the list somwhere-guess I had temp brain melt. It would be worth it to take the box along as there are guite a few channels (HD) on 110. Shame that the house has LCD big screens but only SD programing, but i can see thier point, as it is a rental, and they do not live there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)