222/222K News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Things have changed significantly in the intervening 15 years. DISH has been pretty committed (though not entirely) to a lease model for more than half of that time. BYOH customers don't get access to the nearly $500 in promotional offers.

I just always would rather do it all myself. I been able to upgrade to new receivers thru ebay dealers for about half of what dish wanted for them. I don't need dvr capability, so with only 2 tv's all i pay is just price for channel package. Although I did buy in to the HD for life promo for $99.

Dish needs to rethink its way of wiring before coming out with any thing new.

I think that is one (among many other) reason that Dish now has a Wireless Joey. No wires needed to the location. Of course, the customer has to have a Hopper main unit, but a customer could do a Hopper, wireless access point, and several wireless Joeys and that would mean even less wiring.

Reactions: ChadT41
Very good point. Come out with new technology, that is fit for the time, and situation. Can't get mad them for wanting to transition as many people that direction as possible.

I just always would rather do it all myself. I been able to upgrade to new receivers thru ebay dealers for about half of what dish wanted for them.
I didn't mean to impugn your approach, only to suggest that it may not represent the best approach for the typical TV viewer. The lease model allows those who don't want to get their hands dirty to avoid laying out hundreds of dollars up front for what they want.

For their part, DIRECTV doesn't allow a residential customer to open a new account without a leased receiver and "professional installation".

Very good point. Come out with new technology, that is fit for the time, and situation. Can't get mad them for wanting to transition as many people that direction as possible.

I have no problem with transitioning people to new equipment but it really causes problems when that transition increases their bills by $12 to $19 or even more.

Having to deal with car salesman mentality wouldn't do much for me as a customer. Quite the opposite.

Reactions: TheKrell
I didn't mean to impugn your approach, only to suggest that it may not represent the best approach for the typical TV viewer. The lease model allows those who don't want to get their hands dirty to avoid laying out hundreds of dollars up front for what they want.

For their part, DIRECTV doesn't allow a residential customer to open a new account without a leased receiver and "professional installation".

I know what you mean. Leasing is best for most viewers.
The diy option is what I like about dish. If they ever stop allowing it I will just stop service. The majority of my viewing these days is via roku and computer.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: 3HaloODST
True, but that's where you get your car salesman hat out.

I suppose but if I wanted to be a car salesman I'd go sell cars. I hate sales people yet I'm in sales, LOL. I never considered myself to be a great sales person. I just prefer to sell people what they need and not what makes me the most money. Having disgruntled customers is not enjoyable.

Reactions: JSheridan
I understand completely. I said the same thing on the call floor. When dish did their price lock every CS and tech support agent went to become a current account salesman. Anything from HBO to the DEM. Even with the payday, a lot of us were unenthused about it. They made it apart of the quality assurance form, and you could hear agents in the most uninterested tones, pitching things. Especially in the broadband deoartment

I think that is one (among many other) reason that Dish now has a Wireless Joey. No wires needed to the location. Of course, the customer has to have a Hopper main unit, but a customer could do a Hopper, wireless access point, and several wireless Joeys and that would mean even less wiring.

No go.. see if you upgrade from say a 222 and/or 211 setup to a hopper/joey then you not only gotta talk them into a DVR setup which is normally why they got a 222/211's setup cause they didn't want DVR and then you gotta talk them into the wireless part fee IF and I stress IF it will even work cause the signal from these things are horrible thru certain walls or distances.

So no... Dish just needs let the Tech do their job and install what they can and just enough to make the customer happy and roll on. You end up spending an extra hour on a job trying to upgrade when it won't work....time is money when it comes to a tech's work and most don't understand the pressure they are under or the fact that they still may have several more jobs spread out over 100miles left on the route before they can even think about home.

Reactions: 3HaloODST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)