222/222K News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If existing customers can't "upgrade" it seems exceedingly unlikely that new conventional customers (non-Flex) will be allowed to.

You can't get a 222K from Dish directly anymore even if you're a new customer. Dealers who have them in stock or can get them from a distributor can still use them for new customers. We just installed one this morning for a new customer. As for how long they're going to available is the question. As time goes on they'll probably be harder and harder to find.

You can't get a 222K from Dish directly anymore even if you're a new customer. Dealers who have them in stock or can get them from a distributor can still use them for new customers. We just installed one this morning for a new customer. As for how long they're going to available is the question. As time goes on they'll probably be harder and harder to find.
My local dealer is hoarding them for his commercial accounts with an SD head end.

I want you to think of it as the 922. It's discontinued. Can't buy it from dish, or lease it. But if people get one from Amazon, then you can start up an account with one, or upgrade it onto your existing account. As long as it's not a legacy receiver, you can still do it. It is only legacy receivers that can no longer be activated on accounts

Legacy receivers as defined by dish. Any receiver no longer applicable with the technology they currently use. All QPSK receivers for instance.

At one time in the past, non DishPro receivers were called legacy to go along with the legacy LNBs. These legacy receivers were characterized by 4-digit model numbers. I gather this nomenclature is now changed for receivers. So, ChadT, do you have an insight into when Dish will switch all transponders over to 8PSK?

Asking the wrong guy about that. I can just tell you what dish considers a legacy receiver and why. 301 is on their list of legacy receivers.

Reactions: TheKrell
Sounds like you may be a Flex customer that didn't get to take advantage of promotional discounts or you've been with DISH since before the mid-2000 decade.

I have been with dish since 1999. Bought a used receiver and dish for $60 off eBay and went from there.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have a HWS with three HDTVs. I had coax cable to the 2nd & 3rd TV, but last week pulled HDMI cable thru the walls to replace the coax. I have one powered splitter from my Onkyo AV receiver and get HD on all three tvs. The wife and I always watch the same programing, so we do not need different channels on the 2nd & 3rd tv.

I've seen them lose a few customers because they refused to let me modify a work order from 211's to a 222(k). They just don't understand the restrictions of getting cables sometimes to different locations or the fact that sometimes a receiver in another area isn't possible. The tech's need to have the ability to make changes to put in any receiver they need to avoid conflicts and issues. I went to a house one day that was wired to Location A with RG6 and another with RG59. There was NO WAY at all to rewire the RG59 and no other way without really tearing up alot of walls and drilling a ton of holes the customer didn't want so the only option was to remove the two 211's from the work order and put in a 222. The customer wasn't going to have HD in that 2nd location anyway so it didn't matter but NOOOOO the CSRs wouldn't change it no matter what I told em so I ended up leaving and not doing anything they lost that customer because I told em DirecTV would run off RG59 and even give them HD.

Dish needs to rethink its way of wiring before coming out with any thing new.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have been with dish since 1999. Bought a used receiver and dish for $60 off eBay and went from there.
Things have changed significantly in the intervening 15 years. DISH has been pretty committed (though not entirely) to a lease model for more than half of that time. BYOH customers don't get access to the nearly $500 in promotional offers.

The customer wasn't going to have HD in that 2nd location anyway so it didn't matter but NOOOOO the CSRs wouldn't change it no matter what I told em so I ended up leaving and not doing anything they lost that customer because I told em DirecTV would run off RG59 and even give them HD.

Dish needs to rethink its way of wiring before coming out with any thing new.
There isn't a whole lot you can do with modern technology that isn't hurt by RG59 without leaning on DBS band MoCA.

Sometimes you need to give the customer what they need (perhaps a Hopper/Joey system) rather than what they want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts