222 DVR Conversion

That is a 211 vs. the 222 being discussed in this thread. It is possible on a 211 (single tuner receiver) and not the 222 dual tuner receiver.

Yes, I know. I was just giving my experience of plugging in an EHD to a receiver that hadn't been activated for an EHD. The point being, it saw the drive and prompted me to call Dish. I figured the 222 might react the same way IF the software now supported an EHD and it would pop up the same message when an EHD was attached but not activated for one. Makes sense, doesn't it?

I've owned 2 222's, and at the time, thought that they were pretty good boxes, but after buying a 722 over a year ago, and other than a bad hdd, having experienced almost no bugs or reboots, I'd probably have a hard time going back, even if the 222 became DVR capable.

I just dont think it would be worth the $3 savings per month to go with 222 with EHD (if it is an add on) but for $6 per month in savings if it was the first receiver on the account it might be worth it if they ever offer that to the 222.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts