24" Actuator getting more noisy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I have a 24" QARL Motek Super Powerjack thats getting more noisy as time passes.Other that lubeing the rod with WD40 is there any other areas i can oil up hopefully making it more quiet.

I'd look to see 'why', first.
But if nothing else, I'd put a top quality grease on it. Not WD-40.
That would be at least lithium-loaded grease.
Or preferably Molybdenum disulfide loaded wheel bearing grease.
Yea, it's expensive, but what's it cost in time and money to mount a new motor?

Could you use a Chrysler type marine grade grease or would that be too much moisture buildup in the actuator.

mine died only 16 months old , several plastic gears inside broke several teeth. It is been several months now and not only MOTECK (if they acctually exist) do not respond my emails, faxes but apparently they also do not respond to an authorised dealer/reseller emails neither. get ready for the worst stanley , they do not seem to last long apparently.

mine died only 16 months old , several plastic gears inside broke several teeth. It is been several months now and not only MOTECK (if they acctually exist) do not respond my emails, faxes but apparently they also do not respond to an authorised dealer/reseller emails neither. get ready for the worst stanley , they do not seem to last long apparently.
Figures! Mine is alittle over a year now.If the noise gets any worse then ill take apart to see what i can do.When i bought this i also got a replacement motor for it from sadoun just in case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)