24fps Prod & Air Sea Land Productions Complete Two 1-Hour Documentaries for Rush-HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Source

24fps Productions and Air Sea Land Productions Complete Two 1-Hour Documentaries for VOOM's Rush HD Network
Page 1 of 1
NEW YORK, NEW YORK (Mar. 10, 2004) -- 24fps Productions and Air Sea Land Productions, Inc. have wrapped final production on two breakthrough high definition documentaries, On a Single Breath - The Extreme Sport of Freediving, and FreeFlight.

The two one-hour programs, produced for VOOM's Rush HD Network, explore the outer limits of extreme sports, from the underwater world of freediving to the untested horizons of free flight in paragliders and ultralights.

Green-lighted in early November, the production of the documentaries were shot entirely in high definition, and encompassed locations in Kona and Kauai, Hawaii, Miami, Florida and Aspen, Colorado. The programs are currently in heavy-rotation on Rush HD. For program listings, please visit www.voom.tv

freeflight300.gif

On a Single Breath followed the quest of 52-year old Annabel Briseno as she attempted four world records in one week. As the week unfolds it becomes clear that a world record in free diving is a precarious agreement of mind, body and sea that sometimes collapses violently.

freefly300.gif

In FreeFlight, the philosophy of maximizing the pilot's connection to the heavens by minimizing the aircraft fuels an incredible visual experience along the cliffs of Hawaii and the altitudes of Aspen. The host, a conventional pilot, was treated to the most thrilling flights of her life by stripping away the airplane and experiencing flight in a new and intense way.

"It was an incredible feat to pair these captivating stories with such stunning visuals, only possible with high definition," said Thomas Strodel, Producer and Director.

The camera crew, led by the Director of Photography and Producer Anthony Lenzo, created the rich look and feel for the documentaries using some of the most advanced and sophisticated camera technology available today. “These two documentaries literally tested the performance of our HD gear in some of the roughest applications....we never had a moment of down-time because of equipment failure” - Anthony Lenzo.

"The productions were a tremendous challenge that was met by a very dedicated crew. The fact that we were able to complete them in such a limited time-frame is testament to our team*s abilities, dedication, and belief in the projects," said Strodel.

The programs will be entered into documentary festivals.

For more information on the two documentaries, please visit
www.24fpsproductions.com

On a Single Breath

Since I used to be a hardcore SCUBA diver (you can read about it on my own site) I had to watch this documentary. In fact, it was the first thing my wife and I watched on Voom. I've gotta say it's a great documentary and it has excellent pq. Certainly worth a looksee...

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)