two antennas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
I have a Channel master antenna pointed towards D.C. but i also want to receive Baltimore channels. is there a way i can add another antenna can i go to radio shack and get a combiner or am i going to need some special equitment to combine to antenna signals into one.
i don't know if i am saying it right but this is what i am trying to do.
have one antenna pointed to Washington D.cC the other antenna pointed towards Baltimore. is this possible without a rotor.

I am using that very set-up myself. I have one antenna mounted outside above my dish and another in my attic pointed in another direction. I tried several splitters in hopes that they would work as a combiner with no success. I was able to find a "combiner" at Radio Shack that does the job perfectly.

MI_Voomer said:
I am using that very set-up myself. I have one antenna mounted outside above my dish and another in my attic pointed in another direction. I tried several splitters in hopes that they would work as a combiner with no success. I was able to find a "combiner" at Radio Shack that does the job perfectly.

Can you give us the RatShack part number for this?

I was looking for this too!

FAYRICH said:
I use a simple, inexpensive A/B switch. Works just fine.

I do not want to have to change betwenn them manually.

The RatShack part seems ideal

Anyone have the part number?

I got 15-2587 from radioshack, which a bi-directional splitter and combiner. The TV towers in my area (Tucson, AZ) are at 250 degree amd 15 degree. The outdoor antenna I am using could not receive all the stations. When I tried to hook up an indoor antenna and the outdoor antenna, the combiner did not work well at all. Some channels gained signal strength, but most channels ended up with signal strength lower than one antenna input.

Is this because of the combiner I am using or Is this normally expected from interference if you combine two antenna signals?

The combiner that I am using is in fact a 15-1237. My outside antenna pulls 3 locals and my attic antenna pulls 2 different locals. Using this splitter/combiner combined the signals from both antennas with NO signal loss. I think it only costs around $10.00. Definitely worth a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)