2500 c/ku up and running (need help)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
Can i get a little help on finding some good thing?
What satellites to look on first?
please help me thanks

First find out which satellites you can get. Do you have clear view to the southern sky? What's the size of your dish? What kind of programming are you interested in?
Look at lyngsat.com for what's available on different satellites.
I personally use a program called World of Satellites by SatcoDX.
You can get an activation code by purchasing Tele-Satellite magazine (very nice mag indeed). Besides the satellites lineup it has among other things a dish track utility which sorts the satellites by the signal strength based on your geographic location.
Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

I personally use a program called World of Satellites by SatcoDX

You can get an activation code by purchasing Tele-Satellite magazine

what do you mean?

i have a 12ft c/ku band i get all c/ku satellites i will like to find all the networks fox nbc cbs abc moves,sports,
.I live in miami fl.

World of Satellites is a program that shows what channels are available on
each satellite among other things.
A nice guide is also the lyngsat website.
Most of the programming you're looking for is encrypted and to be able to watch it you'll need a smart card and a receiver that's capable of reading that type of card.

What are you trying to pick up. Without much info, we can't help

I would check out www.lyngsat.com That has most of the stuff you can get on a FTA system. Just make sure its in the clear and not scrambled :)

You can get World of Satellites from here:
http://www.tele-satellite.com/setup0410.exe

The only thing is to be able to install it, you will need an activation code which you get by purchasing the Tele-Satellite Magazine.
It can also program SatcoDX compatible receivers. (Haven't tried that because my receiver st3618 doesn't support the protocol)
By the way the only place I could find the magazine in my town was P&C (grocery store)

Attachments

• tele-sat.jpg
    tele-sat.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 203
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)