2500a problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If pointed correctly you will get the TV + Radio channels in the above (18" Link). You would have to change your LNBF L.O. value (see above) in the antenna set up screen.

I understand all of the above bloviation is hard to take in thats why I try to keep things simple, sometimes too much information ,too soon is not a good idea!
Good luck this weekend, if all else fails I would get an installer involved I would not give up as there is a lot of entertainment to be had with your FTA system!

Jar-Jar said:
First of all, I AM NOT interested in stealing programming from DN. But can anybody tell me how I program my receiver to get the free programming like music channels or test screen, in order to test my receiver???

I just looked and I deleted all of my Echostar sats when I first set up my reciever. I can't help there.

I heard somewhere that you could test your LNB by pointing the dish at a microwave oven that was turned on. Does anyone know this to be true or just rumor? :confused: Iceberg?? :confused:

I might just try that tonight too. :D

Mark_AR said:
I heard somewhere that you could test your LNB by pointing the dish at a microwave oven that was turned on. Does anyone know this to be true or just rumor? :confused: Iceberg?? :confused:

I might just try that tonight too. :D

In the interest of science, this is indeed FICTION. I just tested with a DBS LNB and a STANDARD LNB and the signal strength never moved even when the dish was within 4 feet of the microwave.

Sorry bout that...
:eek:

Mark_AR said:
In the interest of science, this is indeed FICTION. I just tested with a DBS LNB and a STANDARD LNB and the signal strength never moved even when the dish was within 4 feet of the microwave.

Sorry bout that...
:eek:

You have to jump the door switch and leave the door open. :D

I was just joking don't try this at home kids!

TBI said:
You have to jump the door switch and leave the door open. :D

I was just joking don't try this at home kids!

I was wondering what my problem was. :p
I always thought it was because I sat too close to my monitor.
haha.jpg

Pansat 2500A help

I have followed all sugestions given to me and most given to other members: NOTHING. I only get 76% with 0 % quality. I noticed if I press SIG button on remote it shows a graph on the TV screen with the word "Locked" on it . Is there a chance this is causing above problem????? How do I solve it????
I also wanted to test the audio channels on DN I l get the same numbers as above. What would be the best DN Sat to scan, for my location near Palm Springs, California???? I am NOT interested in stealing DN's programming. I just want to watch some programming from Sat Mex 5, Nahuel 1 and AI5 and I figured that if I can get audio channels from DN I could find out if my Pansat is working or not ( I sent it back to factory once already)

The graph maybe the signal strength meter and if you are locked on the satellite I would try a smart scan, sorry to hear you are still having problems, it will be well worth it when you get it all worked out!

Did you ever try the skew setting on your LNBF ? left or right turn the LNBF to 4 or 8 o'clock position. This may help.

This sounds really familiar to me. When I hooked my system up, I had the same problem. MY coax connecter was internally broken on the inside of the lnb. I had to swap the lnb. When I did-BINGO!!!!! The upper meter on the screen during setup is useless. Use only the quality meter and forget the other. MY system always shows 70-90 on that meter.

Pansat 2500A help

Thank you everybody. But, does anybody knows what "locked" means on my TV scren when I press SIG on my remote. Also, does anybody know how to change H and V to L and R on the transponder list for DN FREE music and barker channel??? Remember I do not want to steal programming from that Sat Co.

Horizontal = Left hand
Vertical = Right hand

When you use a DBS LNB.

The "Locked" indicator should be telling you it is receiving a valid signal with enough quality (30 or more on the Pansat 2500A). It should be saying "Unlock" when there is little or no signal if I remember correctly. I guess you shouldn't trust it since you don't have any quality level.

locked is when you have a signal.....there may be some other parameters wrong (like when the station changes PIDS). You'll get signal quality but no picture.

Merry Christmas to every body. After many months of trying I finally got something on my set-up. I ordered a new LNBF (Label says it is a regular LNBF and not for DBS) and NOW I get Dish Network on satellites NOT part of DN. Including AI5 . What I get is the splash screen: "Congrats. you own a super dish ETC" Rest of channels are not visible or scrambled including those on DN satellite. Their names show, by the way. I am trying to get FTA only, but this is what I get. Anybody has any ideas????

you're on either 105 or 121...depending on what the splash screen says you would know which one you're on (I'm assuming 105)

These 2 are KU band so you'll get the "splash" screen for those...these 2 are FTA

Great, you are almost there!

Jar-Jar said:
Merry Christmas to every body. After many months of trying I finally got something on my set-up. I ordered a new LNBF (Label says it is a regular LNBF and not for DBS) and NOW I get Dish Network on satellites NOT part of DN. Including AI5 . What I get is the splash screen: "Congrats. you own a super dish ETC" Rest of channels are not visible or scrambled including those on DN satellite. Their names show, by the way. I am trying to get FTA only, but this is what I get. Anybody has any ideas????

Okay, what you should do now is go to that splash screen, press the "i" button and tell us what you see for frequency, symbol rate, etc. - this will help confirm which satellite you are presently on. Also make a note of the present elevation of the dish, and put a pencil mark on both the dish and the pole so that when you rotate your dish you can easily return to your present position if things go wrong.

The idea is that to get the programming on G10R (which is what I sort of assume you want, unless you're looking for non-English programming) you will have to point the dish further to the west and lower in elevation. But it helps to move from satellite to satellite because there are only small changes from one satellite to the next, so if you know which one you are on then it's usually pretty easy to peak on the next one over, and so on until you get to the one you really want. But for each satellite you move to, you have to find a quality signal and peak on that (that is, something that shows a non-zero reading for signal quality); that signal strength bar is nearly useless in my opinion because it will show a reading if you point it at the ground!

We could probably give you more specific instructions on how to proceed (if you need them) if we knew exactly which of the DN satellites you're on right now.

Anyway, getting that first satellite is often the biggest hurdle, it gets a lot easier after that! Good luck! And Merry Christmas to you also, and to everyone here.

Edit: One other note, before you go any further, make sure that your skew adjustment (on the feedhorn) is peaked to get the best signal. You'll also have to tweak that as you move from satellite to satellite but if the skew is way off when you get to G10R it will be hard to pick up a signal even if you have the dish aimed spot on. The skew can be several points off and still give you some quality, but peaking it can make a huge difference in the quality.

anik
If the poster goes back to the screen, it says "Congrats...you have a XXX Superdish) and says either 105 or 121 :)

Oh, well I guess that makes it easy then!

I guess if it tells which bird he's on that makes it easy! If he's really lucky and is on 121 then Galaxy 10 is the next bird over to the west at 123, so all he should have to do is move the dish slightly west and lower the elevation a twitch. I guess it all depends on whether Murphy was asleep when he aimed his dish the first time! ;)

Happy New Year to everybody!!! As I said before I finally got "something" in my set up. And it is.......Dish Network! I am in a different satelllite (AI 5 and Sat Mex 5) The frecuencies are SM5 and AI5's according to my Pansat 2500A. I do not want DN programming I want FTA! Could anybody help me and let me know what is wrong. By the way thank you to Satellite Guys advertisment I got(LEGALLY AND paying for it) VOOM on my HI-Def system , and I love it! I even get most of far away stations (from L. A.) , using my own roof antenna.

today i was watching TV with my pansat. Then like an idiot I started fooling with installation, I went to parental controls then second pin then I pressed set default key.
Once I did that, none of my channels came in at all!!!!!!!!!
It kept saying DATA IS BEING DOWNLOADED. how do i get it back to normal!
help please!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)