2D to 3D Conversion??

Im thinking part of my issue is not giving my eyes time to adjust. We watched 2 3D flicks back to back last night, and it takes my eyes a few minutes to adjust. Also, now that Im used to the 3D look, these problems aren't standing out to me. Once Im good and into the movie I forget about the glasses, it's funny how you get used to 3D.

The wife will be gone next Friday night, so Im gonna do a 2D-3D Blackhawk Down and watch the whole flick that way and see how I feel about it afterwards.

Anyone out there using a display or player that does this? Just wondering how you feel about the PQ.

I understand a film not shot natively as 3D wont compare, but I see a lot of folks looking forward to the players and sets that will do the conversion. Keeping REAL 3D out of the mix, does a 2D-3D conversion on a BR make it more enjoyable than just watching the same BR in 2D??

Also, does it matter whether the set or player does it?

TIA

I just purchased a 3D tv an Im wondering how does or that 2D to 3D option work?

Samsung uses DDD 2d to 3d conversion. In many cases it produces very good to excellent 3d, but not all. Not sure what some of the others such as Panasonic or Sony use.

DDD - 3D Technology for Television

The top/bottom and side/side are just for manually switching channels that are broadcasting those but not auto-switching to 3d. Depending on the connection you might also see some of the others such as checkerboard and frame-sequential.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)