3D Noobie question

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
Wanting to know from you experts out there if anyone can explain to me how the advertised capabilities work especially when it comes to 3D viewing.

I just purchased my 1st 3D tv and one of the main reasons I did was that it was a well known top brand with a really great price of under 700 dollars and that even included not 1 but 2 pair of glasses.

This is a Samsung 43 inch 600 hz 3D plasma with 720p resolution. This was my very 1st plasma tv and my previous expierence has always been with 60 and 120 hz
1080 LED's.

My main question is when I got it home and hooked up to both my Dish HD dvr and my PS3 I was amazed at the picture quality. The other thing I noticed was that I was able to leave my 1080 settings on both my Dish and PS3. I was under the impression that 720 was the highest resolution it could so why would it be listed as only 720?

Also I noticed you can manualy engage 3D with 3 different 3D view choices. When would this be used if you have any idea?

720, or most likely 768, is it's native resolution, but most newer sets can accept up to 1080p, which they then display at their native 768. One of your choices would be side by side, which is what Direct uses, not sure on Dish, and one should be 2D-3D conversion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)