2nd Cancellation for HR10-250 Install :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Topper

Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Anyone else in Metro Detroit experiencing difficulty getting an installation?

I originally ordered on 7-11 with an install date of 7-21.

It was called off due to a lack of receivers on the day of install. I called the local install company to verify install on 7-20 and they said nothing about not having equipment.

I was rescheduled for 8-2, today and was just recently cancelled again due to a lack of technicians. I had again called to verify on 8-1 and they verified install for today.

Now they tell me today that they'll try to get an installer out today if they can find one with the time. Directv CSR tells me since I have an answering machine I shouldn't wait around and just call home periodically which I find unacceptable.

Directv hasn't even offered more than a 'sorry'. Should I be asking for the moon now after this 2nd cancellation ?

Anyone else with an experience like this?

Almost mad enough to just cancel. But then I start thinking of football..... damn it all lol

Call retention: 1-800-824-9081 and explain your situation. I had a planned dish upgrade installation cancelled last week due to a last minute emergency. This was after providing DIRECTV/directech 10 days advanced notice. Because of the inconvenience they will reduce my HD package by $5 for a few months.

You should definitly call retention. I had a tech show up a couple hours late and they gave me $20.00 credit ( which I didnt ask for ) I'm sure they will give you some sort of credit.

I am in Sterling Heights, when I had my last HR10-250 installed about month ago D* cancelled once due to lack of receivers. On the rescheduled day they called in the am and said they were waiting for receivers. They finally showed up at 5pm, original install was set for 8am-12pm. Called D* and got $30 courtesy credit.

So my 3rd scheduled installation was for today 8-18 between 8-10. I called at 8:30 to make sure everything was a go. Sure is they say (when the Directv rep is conferenced in I might add)

I'm waiting and no one shows during the scheduled time. About 10:15 I get a call saying the installers are running horribly behind and they need to reschedule. I tell them it's unreasonable but get nowhere.

I call D* to see what they can do about getting my service done today. 1 3LNB, 2 wire runs, 1 IRD ; not that big of a job.

I talk to someone in retention who speaks with a supervisor who calls my area's installer (Michigan Microtech). They are supposed to call me back when they are finished. I waited till 1pm with no call. So I called again, spoke with another supervisor who ensured me that they just needed 15 min. or so to go over my info and they would call me back and let me know what's going on. An hour later and no call. Have I been blackballed and don't know it ? :(

Michigan Microtech rescheduled for Monday but the new appointment doesn't even show in D* own scheduling database. Am I insane for thinking they'll actually remember and show ?

Is there another company that does installations in my area ?

I'm at my wits end. I'm trying not to blow up at D* CSR but how many Sorry's without even offering compensation can one person take?

Anyone with any advice out there ?

ask for a $20 credit on any missed or rescheduled by the hsp install.
thats just policy.

ask for a sup if the rep doesnt give it to you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)