2nd dish for 129 with H3

My Dish is set up that way, not sure how it was done, but I thought the 129 line went straight to the other dish and used the 4th input then blocked the 3rd input. I only have 2 one line from dish to switch, I have heard this cannot work, need two line to get 3 sats. I get only 2 sats, which works for my programming. Maybe the "Kat" can jump in on this.
Dan

Reactions: HipKat
Yes, but you will need a DPH 42 switch and DPP LNBs.
Not always true. You can use an Eastern Arc Hybrid to pick up the Cable channels and a 500 Dish with a DP Dual pointed at the 129, then run the cable into the input port on the Eastern Arc. A check switch will pick it up. I've done this several times in Western Arc areas

Reactions: pattykay
You point the eastern arc at the EA SATS, 61.5, 72.1. Now, one thing that changes this is which Sat your HD locals are on

If I switch to the eastern arc, which sat replaces 129?
The wing Dish, but this only applies if your locals are on the 129. See, like here in my market, SD Locals are on the 110, HD locals on the 129 so if I can't get a 1000.2 WA in, I can use an Eastern Arc and a wing for the 129 for HD locals or 110 for SD locals.

Like wise in an EA market, with Locals on the 61, I can put up a 1000.2 western arc, a wing dish for the 61 and get everything in

The wing Dish, but this only applies if your locals are on the 129. See, like here in my market, SD Locals are on the 110, HD locals on the 129 so if I can't get a 1000.2 WA in, I can use an Eastern Arc and a wing for the 129 for HD locals or 110 for SD locals.

Like wise in an EA market, with Locals on the 61, I can put up a 1000.2 western arc, a wing dish for the 61 and get everything in

That's a lot of extra work. If I were installing fulfillment it would either be extra pay or nlos and move on.

I don't know if Jackonearth is actually in San Francisco or its environs like his location says but if he is his locals are western arc only. All the rest is not gonna work for him. I'd like to know what his present signal is on 129. I am in the North Bay area and I get 44 on 129, transponder 21. That is perfectly OK and has no signal loss for years. I'm afraid he is hung up on how low that looks compared to the 60s and 70s on 110 and 119. It is not an issue at all....

That's a lot of extra work. If I were installing fulfillment it would either be extra pay or nlos and move on.
That's where we differ. I take it on as a challenge to make it work and I get a rush out of extraordinary and exotic installs and it's really not THAT much more work. Usually a wing dish isn't that far from the main dish.

We did one yesterday, Hopper Duo, 1000.2 Hybrid WA with partial blockage on the 129, but it was the only clear spot for the 110, 119. Put a wing 10' down that had clear signal and ran the drop back to the .2. Check Switch looks wonky showing 119 - 110 - blank - 129 with red x's under the blank but everything workeds

Reactions: pattykay
I don't know if Jackonearth is actually in San Francisco or its environs like his location says but if he is his locals are western arc only. All the rest is not gonna work for him. I'd like to know what his present signal is on 129. I am in the North Bay area and I get 44 on 129, transponder 21. That is perfectly OK and has no signal loss for years. I'm afraid he is hung up on how low that looks compared to the 60s and 70s on 110 and 119. It is not an issue at all....
I don't usually check signal levels. 129 works most of the time but does drop out more often than I'd like. If a second dish fixes that (and I don't know if it would) it might be a project worth putting on my to do list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)