2nd dish installation...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tvnut

Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Central Oregon
I recently upgraded from a 511/311 with Dish 500 and DPP LNBF to a 622. I did not want to lease the equipment so I purchased the 622 at Costco and figured I could use my existing Dish 500 and add a 2nd dish for sat 129. After convincing the DishTV CSR that I could see HD programming on the guide, even though I had not connected the 2nd dish, I was up and running with all the programming except what is on 129.

Having an older DirecTV / Terk dual LNB dish in my garage, I asked a local installer and he said that should work for picking up 129 fed into the DPP Twin on my dish500. So I mounted the second dish and used my old 511 to peak the dish to 129. Everything looked good so far, as I was getting 75-80 signal on 129 - as good as can be expected, from what I hear in the NW. I connected the 2nd dish to the input on the DPP and ran check swith on the 622. 119 and 110 are fine but position 3 shows an X and N.C. I double checked all the conections inside and out, re-ran the check switch, rebooted the 622 and still nothing on the 3rd sat position.

My assumption is I need a compatible Dish LNBF on the second dish. Has anyone had any luck using a non-Dish as a 2nd dish?

Is there anything else I could try?
Thanks for your help.:hatsoff:

Having an older DirecTV / Terk dual LNB dish in my garage, I asked a local installer and he said that should work for picking up 129 fed into the DPP Twin on my dish500.

The DirecTV LNB is "Legacy". You have a DishProPlus LNB already

you cannot mix Legacy & DishPro (or DishProPlus) LNB's & switches

Get a DishPro dual or single and that will solve the issue :)

You really should have let them send an installer to add the 2nd dish.

In the NW E* is adding a 24" dish with a low noise lnb, the larger dish combined with the low noise LNB boosts signal strength at least 10 points on 129.

The installer would just put up the dish & run a line to the DPP lnb on your dish 500, less than an hour, you paid for instalation when you bought your 622.

Jordan

As I understand the purchase vs lease situation, I only get free installation if I choose to convert my 622 over to a lease and sign an 18 month agreement. Because I purchased the 622 (Costco) and do not want to convert it to a lease, I need to install myself or pay an installer.

Here is my current dilemma: I replaced the DirecTV/Terk dish and LNB with a DishPro single LNB and Dish500 dish. Now when I run the check switch, Port 3 shows connceted but no signal. I have tried picking up 129 with this setup and can't get any signal. This is with the DP single/Dish500 going to the input on the DPP Twin/Dish500 and then to the 622 with dual tuner splitter. Considering I was able to find 129, 119 and 110 very easy with the DirectTV dish connected directly to a 511 receiver, I am thinking something must be wrong with the internal DPP switch or receiver . When I go to the details of the check switch, there are two red highlighted warnings for input 1 and 2: T[0] Invalid DishPro Switch detected, Code 15,A2. For port3 it says: External LNB: DP-Single Good connection, no signal. I have reset the receiver once and run the check switch multiple times.

Any ideas before I call the installer?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts