Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ok, here is the problem:

During football we like to run two tv's in the living room, and in the past with Dish I always used the 2nd tv out on the ViP to handle this. Now that I have an HR34, I'm curious as to the easy and cheap option. I was wondering if I could get a second (rcvr only) from Directv and use it in the living room with the HR34? Problem is, I only have one cable coming out of the wall, so can it be split or do I have to do something else?

Thanks.

Jason Whiddon said:
Ok, here is the problem:

During football we like to run two tv's in the living room, and in the past with Dish I always used the 2nd tv out on the ViP to handle this. Now that I have an HR34, I'm curious as to the easy and cheap option. I was wondering if I could get a second (rcvr only) from Directv and use it in the living room with the HR34? Problem is, I only have one cable coming out of the wall, so can it be split or do I have to do something else?

Thanks.

You can put a 2 way SWM splitter behind the 34 and run another receiver from it. Shouldn't have any issues doing that or you could run another line to where you want it so you don't have a splitter inline

Using a 2way you'll have a 4db loss but that's not going to hurt anything

DIRECTV SWS-2 Satellite 2-Way Wide Band MRV Compatible Splitter (2 -2150 MHz) from Solid Signal

Is that the guy?

Would I come out of the wall, into it, and one to the HR34 and one to the new box?

SPLIT2MRV_zoom.jpg

Yep thats it. Is your power inserter in this location?

The easier way to do this is to just slave the box to the second tv. That way you don't need a second box

The power inserter is in the same room, but on the other side behind the couch. I wasnt sure why the heck he did that.

Slave?

Note that if you have more than the HR34 now, you may run into some switchgear limitations if you add too many more tuners. The HR34 takes up five channels of what is probably an 8 channel switch.

Yeah slaving or mirroring is when you have multiple tvs running off one receiver.

Hook up that second tv to the back if your receiver then set it to the appropriate input

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)