2nd receiver moved to separate dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gip

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
If I have a second receiver and am going out of town for a while, can I take that receiver and connect it to a new dish in the temp location and they will both work?

If I have a second receiver and am going out of town for a while, can I take that receiver and connect it to a new dish in the temp location and they will both work?

If your using like equipment, yes.
Meaning , if you take a HD DVR with you and want your mpeg 4 channels, your other location will need the proper dish set up.

If it's just standard equipment you'll be good to go.

If your using like equipment, yes.
Meaning , if you take a HD DVR with you and want your mpeg 4 channels, your other location will need the proper dish set up.

If it's just standard equipment you'll be good to go.
Thanks Jimbo.

If the temp location is outside your normal market AND you are trying to receive regional programming; you MIGHT be outside the coverage area and not be able to receive it.

So what your saying is that I should be able to get everything but hd locals?:confused:

So what your saying is that I should be able to get everything but hd locals?:confused:
If you leave the spotbeam coverage, yes. And spotbeams vary in size depending on your home market. So if you are only going a few miles down the road, you are likely going to be fine. If you are going several states away, you are likely SOL.

National feeds should not be affected...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)