2nd Receiver Question - Monthly Cost?

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
I currently lease a 622 receiver with all the qualifying programming, etc.

If I want to lease another receiver (211), what additional monthly charges would I have? Just a lease fee, or a lease fee plus a 2nd receiver fee?

Just a single monthly "Additional Receiver Access Fee" of $5 should be your only addtional monthly charge. That same fee is often referred as the "lease fee" for boxes that are leased. If you own it, then it is an Ad Recv Accs Fee. You get charged one of the other, not both. A rose by any other name.

Wait a minute... you either pay a lease fee OR an additional receiver fee? (This, in addition to the DVR fee, which stays on either plan?) If that is true it makes leasing a pretty good alternative (i.e. you don't save any fees).

Btw, I am thinking about getting a 622 in the next week or two.

If you are leasing a newer VIP Mpeg 4 HD receiver you will pay a $6 lease fee if you upgraded to this receiver under Dish N' It Up offer. If you started a new acct with this type of receiver in the primary position on the acct this receivers lease fee will be included with your programming price. If you have this type of receiver active on your acct and do not subscribe to one of the HD metallic paks you will be assessed another $6 fee called the HD enabling fee.

Tweakophyte said:
Wait a minute... you either pay a lease fee OR an additional receiver fee? (This, in addition to the DVR fee, which stays on either plan?) If that is true it makes leasing a pretty good alternative (i.e. you don't save any fees).

Btw, I am thinking about getting a 622 in the next week or two.
Yes. One or the other. Leasing is, in almost all cases, the better arangement. And pilkingtonm01's explaination is spot on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts