3/11/2009 12:24pm - Uplink Activity Report - 90 changes

showtime, betj, pretty cool. clever move on dish's part to make eugene available in hd since ongoing fisher issue, might keep some people around that way

Yep... that's exactly it. To my surprise that channel is not encrypted. Any legal FTA receiver can watch it. I checked it out on 110 and it's just some guy talking about how they a securing their signal and lists the channel types that will be impacted in "Early 2009". But I guess it should be put up there as not encrypted.

The original version was encrypted a couple years ago.

This is a new guy but the same lines...almost to a T of the original

Finally 3 out of 4 Indianapolis locals! Lots of folks will be happy. Odd they kept them on CONUS though.

I would speculate that they have the HD signals piggybacked with the SD signal to the wrong uplink center for Ceil-2. They are probably waiting on fiber or something to get completed to the correct uplink for Ceil-2 and had room on the existing fiber link they have for SD channels going to where they uplink E5.

I expect they will have the link done soon and the channels will move off of 129 CONUS. This is probably the reason E5 is sticking around 129 to allow them time to reroute to Ceil-2.

I would speculate that they have the HD signals piggybacked with the SD signal to the wrong uplink center for Ceil-2. They are probably waiting on fiber or something to get completed to the correct uplink for Ceil-2 and had room on the existing fiber link they have for SD channels going to where they uplink E5.

I expect they will have the link done soon and the channels will move off of 129 CONUS. This is probably the reason E5 is sticking around 129 to allow them time to reroute to Ceil-2.

Ahhh!! I like that answer! Have to get them down to New Braunfels.

Anyone know anything about the rest of South Bend, Indiana? We only have 1 HD which is WNDU (NBC)? Where is WSBT (CBS), WSJV (Fox28) and WBND (ABC)??

I also have an anyone know when post ... Anyone know when the Des Moines, IA HD Locals on 129 are going to be switched on, if ever? These aren't new adds, they're already available on 61.5 in DM. Digiblur told me they are uplinked on 129 but not available (thanks Digiblur, didn't want to bother you with another PM).

Dang TMC is E not W so I guess the Top 250 customers don't get it in HD.

I'm right there with you on this. I thought I was getting a free HD movie channel today until I got home from work. Now BETJ is the only new one and I haven't even had a chance to watch it yet. I'll bet it's great, here I go! *Edit: And I'm back. They are showing a car customization show which is actually within my wheelhouse of interest so maybe I'll shut my yapper for a while and give it a chance. (Not HD though, but hopefully it'll come with time). --my post sounds like sarcasm, seriously not humor.

Last edited:
Digiblur, you got that right, BET J is not going in my favorite list either..

That sounds like a reasonable explanation.

If you look at The List for Transonder 5, you will see that a lot of HD markets are being held up by this situation (since you cannot re-use the frequency if it is CONUS). :eek:

it looks like the "J" is vestigial and no longer refers to Jazz :(
Yep. I was kinda excited about this channel when it was announced last week. I'm not a fan of the music on BET but I love Jazz and couldn't wait to see some and in HD as well. Well, after only about 20 minutes of watching I have seen no Jazz and no HD. This will not be a channel I veiw often, if at all.

Originally Posted by mike123abc
"I would speculate that they have the HD signals ... ... for Ceil-2"

so it doesn't look good for an EST or CST time zone national CONUS locals long term? that's too bad... i loved getting conan earlier than everybody else, and not to mention other network shows an hour earlier (i live in MST time zone)

so what if Charlie literally gets locals in from a time zone of his choice... is there anyway for him to get them without other people seeing that he gets it (not pirates, but would we know that there were CONUS locals somewhere that only charlie could see?)

so what if Charlie literally gets locals in from a time zone of his choice... is there anyway for him to get them without other people seeing that he gets it (not pirates, but would we know that there were CONUS locals somewhere that only charlie could see?)

It would be easy... Some of the "Test" channels could be anything being tested. They could be uplinked to 148 and be CONUS. But, I somehow doubt that Charlie watches a lot of TV. He does not strike me as much of a couch potato.

Glad U people got ur locals, but I could give 2 sheets about the rest of it! Sorry, but until Dish puts up something really compelling that I know people want I will give them no credit for bs HD such as these! Dish are U fricking listening, where is SpeedHD and FXHD. Hello!!!!!!!! :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)