3/18/2009 12:55pm - Uplink Activity Report - 61 changes

If they have duplicated the Pittsburgh HD Locals at 129 and 118.7, could this mean that the Detroit HD Locals will be doing the same in the near future??? Anybody have any thoughts on this??

That is exactly what is going to happen. ALL HD locals on 118.75w will be moved to 129w! For the few people in those markets who have D500+ instead of Dish1000+ they will get a free upgrade, but this means that people who live in these markets no longer need a + dish unless they want international stations.

That is exactly what is going to happen. ALL HD locals on 118.75w will be moved to 129w! For the few people in those markets who have D500+ instead of Dish1000+ they will get a free upgrade, but this means that people who live in these markets no longer need a + dish unless they want international stations.

If you had HD locals then you probably had a Dish1000+ installed. I would bet the Dish500+ w/ 61.5 is a very rare install.

I know there's a lot of Dish500+ dishes in the Northeast and Florida that are going to need that 129 bracket now. I wonder if the warehouses are going to carry that one piece.

I have never had OTA guide data for Charlottesville and assume that when they make this available that it should correct the problem?

If Pittsburgh changes to 129, what chance that FSN-Pittsburgh HD changes to 129 and is turned off on 61.5?

Related note - I wish the HD RSNs could be completely duplicated between 129 and 61.5, since there are occasionally things on the west coast 129-only HD RSNs that I'd like to see on the east coast (without having to add a 129 dish to my 110/119/61.5 setup).

tman1991 said:
actually why are they (Tucson locals) on 119? So why was there a long wait for 129 when they put them on 119?
M Sparks answered the first part, and the 119 beam has been available since 11/07 when the Phoenix locals got shuffled around. But 2008 turned into the year of the east as pretty much everything out west got back-burnered even if it was a publicly announced plan and had nothing to do with 61.5 or 129. The problem with the rest of the west was the delay in launching Ciel II due to unrelated launch failures that set the whole industry's schedule back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)