3/18/2009 12:55pm - Uplink Activity Report - 61 changes

I am located in Toledo, Ohio but have had Pittsburgh locals (in HD only) for the last couple years. Around Thursday (3/19) I lost Pittsburgh HD locals -- I get the screen that says "dish is working on the channel, use Guide to watch non-locals ....". This is the same screen that would show if I accidentily picked a SD local fom my guide.

Do I understand things right by saying the Pittsburgh HD locals are now only on a spotbeam, and that unless your in that spotbeam there's no way to pull those HD locals -- no matter what equipment you may have.

Or another way to say it, I'm SOL.

Everything worked so nice -- boo!
My setup is with a Dish1000+/VIP622

Yep. What you are seeing is you receiver is trying to locate the locals on 129 now. Sometimes it will flip flop to the 118.7 position. The only way to fix it is to remove the 129 from the switch and install a 61.5 dish. Then you receiver will have to use 118.7 for HD locals, but that will only work until they remove them from 118.7.

And quite the contrary on the boo.... Ya! For more 129 spotbeam HD LiL's. Keep 'em coming!

You might look around on 129 and see what spotbeams are available in your area.

I agree with you digiblur.....bring on more 129 HD Locals...including moving Detroit to 129 from 118.75 !!

Not to mention the installers will be relieved they don't have to install Dish1000+'s with the 44 switch for HD installs anymore. That's the biggest reason to get them off 118.7.

thanks for all the info.

So just to close the door on this issue. Is there anyway to get the HD locals for Pittsburgh if i'm slightly outside the spotbeam (ex. different dish etc..)? Should i just for the heck of it try adjusting my outside dish for the exact transponder for the Pitt locals (S 129 TP 10)?

thanks for all the info.

So just to close the door on this issue. Is there anyway to get the HD locals for Pittsburgh if i'm slightly outside the spotbeam (ex. different dish etc..)? Should i just for the heck of it try adjusting my outside dish for the exact transponder for the Pitt locals (S 129 TP 10)?

That might help a little.

Generally, the fix for being slightly outside of a satellite footprint is to use an especially large dish just for that satellite. Probably $50-$100 if you install it yourself.

According to satbeams.com you'll need an 80 inch dish to receive 129 TP10 S26.

If they'd only put Pittsburgh on S25 you'd be in tall cotton.

Does anyone in Corpus Christi have access to 129? I am pointing at 61.5,119,110. I was told 129 was not an option. Now NO local HD for me. My rabbit ears will work for now but Wish this could change.

Does anyone in Corpus Christi have access to 129? I am pointing at 61.5,119,110. I was told 129 was not an option. Now NO local HD for me. My rabbit ears will work for now but Wish this could change.

Ciel-2 has fixed the 129 coverage in South Texas. No issue with that satellite in your neck of the woods anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts