3/4/2009 2:28pm - Uplink Activity Report - 66 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The rate increase went into effect in Feb 2009. But they arent getting the money yet til March right? So maybe by April 1st or Sometime this month they will add more national Hd. I just wished they would add Logo channel in standard def also.

4205(205) - FXNWS [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam (A) (H)
4205(205) - FXNWS [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 27 ConUS beam (A) (H)
4206(206) - FOXB [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam (A) (H)
4206(206) - FOXB [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 27 ConUS beam (A) (H)
4287(387) - CI [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 20 ConUS beam (A) (H)
4287(387) - CI [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 21 ConUS beam (A) (H)

What HD package is on the 42xx range? Hawaii, Alaska, PR who?

It's not us in Puerto Rico

A bit odd, but Dish has nothing to do with your guide info. It's provided by Tribune. Dish probably wouldn't be that obvious anyways. Maybe the movie channels are doing some maintenance during that period?

Not odd at all. In the past when lots of things were being moved around Dish displayed Off Air on the channels. We even used this method of predicting which markets were going from CONUS to spotbeam for the night several weeks ago.

Not odd at all. In the past when lots of things were being moved around Dish displayed Off Air on the channels. We even used this method of predicting which markets were going from CONUS to spotbeam for the night several weeks ago.
So, what happened then? Where's the evidence? I don't see anything new! And no uplink report to support that!

kstuart said:
That is not correct.

There is plenty of bandwidth available for all the National HD channels that people are asking for.

Once Ciel-2 came online, any bandwidth restraints ended.

The only possible reason for not turning on National HD is marketing.

Kstuart,

IMO = In my opinion.

Since we don't know the real reason why they haven't launched any National HD channels, your "opinion" about marketing being the reason could be incorrect too. ;)
I believe he was offering an educated opinion of the most likely case and since he knows his sh*t about this stuff, he's probably right.:) Historically Dish has no qualms about not rushing to meet previously implied commitments if they can make a few more cents by holding back longer. They have always pushed the "customer frustration" limit to the edge.

So, what happened then? Where's the evidence? I don't see anything new! And no uplink report to support that!

Sometimes channels are uplinked but with no data for that channel in the steam (and thus no uplink report.)

For example last week there was one channel that could be picked up with a FTA receiver that has been reported to me was testing BET Jazz for a few minutes then went back to a Dish logo and music.

I dont believe that this channel has been reported on an uplink report as the data was never added to the data stream.

In the past there have been channels uplinked under the TMP channels and before they launched started getting guide data, and while the channel was named TMP1 the guide data gave away what the channel was. And on uplink day they just changed the channel name to its real name.

If you are interested in this stuff and want to see stuff like the raw guide data get a copy of a great piece of software called TSReader and a DVB tuner card.

Its amazing what you can see and find if you try.

I should also point out that all this stuff is in the clear, you are not hacing anything by accessing this data. All the data is sent in the clear as Dish uses the DVB standard and for DVB to work all that info must be sent out in the clear.

Reno Locals finally!
The only thing about PBS HD in Reno is that I'm not picking it up OTA. It could be that they just put it on another digital sub channel and replaced it with a Spanish PBS

Reno Locals finally!
The only thing about PBS HD in Reno is that I'm not picking it up OTA. It could be that they just put it on another digital sub channel and replaced it with a Spanish PBS

Ditto here. They need to get on Slide Mountain like the other stations. Their on-channel repeater on Sugarloaf, north of Carson City isn't effective where I live.