3/5/2014 3:32pm - Uplink Activity Report - 107 changes

Or just excuses from Dish. The fiber has been in place and used to carry the HD signals, it is not something that is being put in or has to be upgraded. The receiver change out will still not be completed soon how many 301s are still left in the system? And yes I realize that the uplink is very complex, but again it would be good for business if they had done the work ahead of time. But, then again it could all be done and just sitting there ready to go, and is simply some other reason Dish does not want to reveal as to why they are not at least turning on the channels they used to carry.

The 301 was not on the list yet

The 301 was already on the the list. When I upgraded from a 301 to a 221K, years ago, I was told to recycle the 301....

The 301 was not on the list yet

Which is why the excuse that they are waiting for 8PSK capacity gain on the WA for these channels was just a red herring by Dish's PR machine. They are going to have to get those 301 replaced, which will be quite the chore.

Interesting. Are they using Fiber because it has more bandwidth? I would think satellite would be easier and more efficient though.
I just took a look around, and looking at Lyngsat it does not appear any of the ABC / ESPN / DISNEY HD channels are on C Band satellite.

I posted this in another thread and the same logic may be applicable here:

The news of the contract signing was leaked. Dish is under no obligation to appease customers by quickly providing channels that they weren't even supposed to know that contract terms were agreed on. Presume the contract states April 1 as the start date. That gives Dish almost a month to get the technical stuff taken care of, marketing department to make promotional stuff related to new channels/services/etc, and so on.

The smart thing that Dish and ABC/Disney/ESPN could have done was denied, denied, denied that anything was final. We wouldn't be having this debate if they'd have done that.

Which is why the excuse that they are waiting for 8PSK capacity gain on the WA for these channels was just a red herring by Dish's PR machine. They are going to have to get those 301 replaced, which will be quite the chore.

Agree; it's obvious disinformation. I have 3 obsolete receivers: a 301, a 111, and a 4900. The only one that can demodulate 8PSK is the 111. Guess which receiver is the only one on the list Scott gave earlier in this thread?

The smart thing that Dish and ABC/Disney/ESPN could have done was denied, denied, denied that anything was final. We wouldn't be having this debate if they'd have done that.

Everybody who knew anything has been incredibly tight-lipped for the last 6 months. Imagine the pressure they built up in all that time!

Last edited:
1) While the new contract has been signed it is not in effect yet. Dish is not paying for channels they currently do not carry. I don't know when it goes into effect.

As the Hoppa father says Bingo!

That is the number 1 factor.

This thread reminds me of how fickle Dish subs on this site are.

Direct enters a dispute with Viacom and the channels go dark for a month, but everyone is supportive.

Dish avoids a dispute with Disney, the channels stay on for months while they negotiate a new contract and they get a deal done. Are people supportive of this? No, they complain the entire time about a deal not being done fast enough and that all the channels don't light up fast enough.

Sigh. Respect the process people, it's not magic.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You know why I complain?Because I am already supposedly paying for it,that makes a Big difference!

You know why I complain? Because I am already supposedly paying for it,that makes a Big difference!

Assuming Februrary's increases were done with Disney deal in mind, yeah, I guess one could make that argument. Then again, maybe the increase was done assuming a 4/1 start date (otherwise, the increase would have been $ 5.50, not $ 5 :) ).

Assuming Februrary's increases were done with Disney deal in mind, yeah, I guess one could make that argument. Then again, maybe the increase was done assuming a 4/1 start date (otherwise, the increase would have been $ 5.50, not $ 5 :) ).

lol your evil!

Let be honest, they knew in December what the new pricing was going to be, in fact if you search it was posted that they agreed to pricing before that. The big hold up at that time was how the digital rights were going to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts