3 hoppers versus 2 hoppers/1 joey?

jeff_k

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
San Diego, CA
I have the installer coming this Friday. Have had Dish for 6 years. Ordered 2 hoppers and 1 joey, with each hopper initially $100, no initial charge for the joey. Since I am paying $7/month for the joey, and I think that an additional hopper instead of a joey would be the same monthly price, I am thinking about changing my order. Does anyone have this configuration, or considered it? Do you still get a 3rd hopper for the $100 price? I am thinking the freedom of another 3 receivers might come in useful in a family scenario. Any thoughts / experiences?
Thanks, Jeff

You would have to pay full price for the third hopper. You know your viewing/recording habits better than anyone else, but 6 tuners (or 5 + PTAT) go a long way. Unless you're pretty sure you need the tuners, or can't live without PIP on the 3rd TV, I'd probably start out with the Joey and see how things go. You can always buy a 3rd Hopper later.

Ditto.

Be happy you got the 2H/1J config. Many have trouble with that.

Thanks. Right now, with 2 VIP 622's, we have had lots of conflicts - wife and daughter record reality TV shows (which I can't stand), so I either have to go upstairs to the other DVR or grumble to myself (if I don't have anything recorded). Just being able to share the receivers at each TV will go a long way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)