3 HR20s in one room, remote???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

--rock

Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
San Francisco Bay Area
I have 3 HR20s in my family room. I was able to get the remotes to control 2 of them--one remote on Directv setting, the other on AV1 or AV2. I followed the directions in another thread, and they worked great for controlling 2 HR20s. The problem seems to be that when you set the receiver mode your choices are "Directv" or "AV1 or AV2". I can set the three remotes one to Directv, one to AV1 and one to AV2. At this point the remote set to AV1 controls both HR20s which are set to "AV1 or AV2". The remote set to AV2 does the same. Bottom line I can control two HR20s (one set to Directv the other to "AV1 or AV2", but not three. Why couldn't they have let us set the receiver mode to (1) Directv, (2) AV1 or (3) AV2.

Anyone got a solution?

I know the 2 scenario as I have it but I dont know about 3. I wish it was more like the Tivo number setting. Hopefully Edmund knows the answer.

I have 3 HR20s in my family room. I was able to get the remotes to control 2 of them--one remote on Directv setting, the other on AV1 or AV2. I followed the directions in another thread, and they worked great for controlling 2 HR20s. The problem seems to be that when you set the receiver mode your choices are "Directv" or "AV1 or AV2". I can set the three remotes one to Directv, one to AV1 and one to AV2. At this point the remote set to AV1 controls both HR20s which are set to "AV1 or AV2". The remote set to AV2 does the same. Bottom line I can control two HR20s (one set to Directv the other to "AV1 or AV2", but not three. Why couldn't they have let us set the receiver mode to (1) Directv, (2) AV1 or (3) AV2.

Anyone got a solution?

I have 3 in one room and use 1 remote in IR to control 2 of them and another remote in RF to control the other one. I also have 2 HD Tivos in the room so when they get replaced that will be 5 and I will only be able to control 4.

I have 3 in one room and use 1 remote in IR to control 2 of them and another remote in RF to control the other one. I also have 2 HD Tivos in the room so when they get replaced that will be 5 and I will only be able to control 4.

Dang you watch too much TV.:D

Thanks for your help - RF is the answer

Just wanted to thank those who responded to this thread for your help. Using the remote's RF mode solves the problem. As far as I can tell you have to use a seperate remote for each HR20, but each remote will be unique to the HR20 it controls. As far as I can tell there is no limit to the number of HR20s you can control using a seperate RF remote for each. Although I didn't try it, maybe you can set up RF mode on Directv, AV1 and AV2 on a single remote to control three HR20s. I'll leave that for someone else to explore.

Yes any device on the white RF remote can be set to control a RF receiver, and the other two devices by IR. Or control all three by RF.

You can do all 3 on RF? That would be great.

To get a remote to control more then one receiver via RF:

With receivers already set to RF and controlled by their indivdual remotes. Take one remote and do the following:

1. av1
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. av1
5. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
6. enter 9 6 1
7. press CH UP
8. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, from a receiver not already programmed to the DTV symbol devce on this remote
9. press SELECT

Repeat for AV2, but you use a third receiver ID #.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts