3 lnb to 6x8 zinwell question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

machine3

Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Hi,

I have a slimline dish that is really hard to get to (On top of apartment building). When it was installed it was installed with a 3 lnb and only 2 wires instead of 4 coming from it. This has been fine because I only have a hr21 dvr. Now I am thinking of adding another receiver either a standard or maybe a hd for my bedroom. I have a zinwell 6x8 laying here in a box, can I connect it to the 2 leads from the dish and add a second receiver? or do i need to have the other 2 leads installed on the dish and brought in and then connect the zinwell?

Thank You!

Hello machine3,

I will take a guess that you can bring down the other two cables to a second receiver and it should work. If it is an hd receiver you will need 2 BBC's to get the HD channels. Since you already have the Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch (legacy) I would connect all four cables to the zinwell and then from the multiswitch four new cables to the receivers. It will allow you to add more receivers in the future as you can only connect four cables from the dish. It will make it much easier if you convert to a SWM (Single Wire Multiswitch) setup in the future. Currently there are two receivers that must be connected only by SWM. The H25 receiver and the HR34 HMC DVR (Home Media Center Digital Video Recorder). I hope this helps.

Thats the problem I can't get to the roof to add the other 2 cables. Can I connect the switch to the 2 cables I have?

No, you need all four connected to the switch. If you could get on the roof, switching the lnb to a swm type would be an easier solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)