3 Months free Starz & HD Platinum

I just got off dish chat and did not have any luck either. I was told, (03) MK Marie D.Q8V: To receive Starz free for 3 months, you must agree to Auto Pay with Paperless Billing. If Auto Pay with Paperless Billing is removed from your account, or service is disconnected, you may forfeit your free programming. So, maybe they will fix it soon.

I got the Platinum about a week ago for free (3 months) and then Thursday got Starz free for 3 months.

Thanks guys for letting me know about these promotions. Just called Dish and they gave both of them to me. I already had paperless billing and autopay so it was no problem. Customer goodwill goes a long way in my book which is one of the reasons I dropped cable over 10 years ago. I seriously doubt if any cable company would make these kinds of offers.

I just called and was told that Platinum HD isn't being offered but they gave me Starz for 3 months.

After reading what y'all said, I called back about an hour later and was told "sure, you can have Platinum HD for 3 months, no problem". I was also told that it would automatically drop off the account after 3 months and the only requirement was to stay on paperless billing/auto payment.
Thanks folks.

Thanks guys for letting me know about these promotions. Just called Dish and they gave both of them to me. I already had paperless billing and autopay so it was no problem. Customer goodwill goes a long way in my book which is one of the reasons I dropped cable over 10 years ago. I seriously doubt if any cable company would make these kinds of offers.

You are welcome.

I just called and asked if I was eligible for these two promotions. No additional commitment was added to my account. I will call back a few days before the 3 months are up to make sure they are removed so I don't get billed after that.

I just had both added to my account. Said that they we be removed in 3 months, but I'll call anyway. Also, no additional commitment.

Correction: They only added Starz. I called back, and they said that they don't see the HD platinum promo.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great promotion (and the chat agent said to me it was for both Starz and HD Platinum) but I'd have to go credit card autopay and I absolutely refuse to do it - just because of the major billing errors I've had in the past.

Absolute subscribers do not qualify for this promotion. Although the
csr offered me HD platinum which I think the channels are already
in the Absolute package.

Absolute subscribers do not qualify for this promotion. Although the
csr offered me HD platinum which I think the channels are already
in the Absolute package.

Strange after hanging up with the CSR, I checked my online record and it showed that I now have Starz for 3 months. I checked my TV and yes I am watching starz in HD. She said I did not qualify. Wierd but nice!!

i just off the chat, I was told there is a 3 month promo for Starz and Platinum but only with autopay and paperless billing.
I can stand the paperless billing but definitively not the autopay.

Guess I'll have to play roulette.

Thanks Guys... that'll save me 10 bucks over three months and make me feel a bit better about the whole Fox thing.

FYI, I got Starz and HD Platinum free for 3 months on my first chat session, no issues.

* I'm already on autopay + paperless and they did state that was a requirement to get the deal - no commitment for me.

Weird...

I just finished a chat and they said either or - I took the free HD Platinum. Maybe free Starz will show up later. But $10 is $10 and HD Platinum is one I always subscribe to and is more valuable that Starz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)