3 Months free Starz & HD Platinum

I am still getting the penny Cinemax for now, probably until my contract expires next month. Not going to push it for now, but will definately give it a try next month. I have always preferred Starz over the other PTV channels, as I am more interested in the movies than original series. Starz seems to get movies that do not appear on HBO/Cinemax or Showtime. It will be a nice change of pace as I haven't really watched anything on Cinemax for a couple of months now. My wife still tunes it in every now and again.

Used chat today and had it in about 30 seconds. Had Starz free promo about a year or two ago, so that didn't negatively effect me(like when I tried the HBO/Showtime a 2nd time). I'm happy:).

Just off chat. I got both Starz and Platinum for 3 months free. She also threw in 3 free ppv coupons. That was easy. I am already paperless and autopay.

Yes, the online CSR's seem very loose about giving out free PPV coupons.

Whenever I am online with them, I usually inquire about the coupon before ending my chat and I get one almost every time.

It is good for 3 months and can be used for an SD or HD PPV movie selection worth 4.99 or 5.99

After thinking about it, I decided to go with the autopay thingy.

Got 3 months of Starz and HD Platinum and as Panache70 suggested I asked and got a PPV coupon.

So, I got $74.99 worth (well, I'll have to see) of programming for the next 3 months.

This forum rocks!!!

I can't complain with the free 3 months of Starz I just got, but I wonder why these offers aren't standardized. When I asked about the promos, the CSR had "check with his boss," as if he had heard nothing about them. Then, he said that the Platinum promo didn't exist, and I didn't get PPV coupons when I asked. What is the secret here? Oh well, I'm more than pleased with getting a free movie channel for a while.

I already pay for Starz and HD Platinum -- can I get 3 months FREE ???

Been following this thread only recently since I already subscribe to Starz and HD Platinum and also already do Paperless Billing w/CC autopay so I didn't think it applied to me. I was curious if I could get 3 month credit though...time to fire up the chat! :up

(Summary below.)

Interesting twist tying the promotion "eligibility" to the Fox dispute instead of just Paperless Billing/CCAP...wasn't expecting that. Then try to deny me since my local RSN is not affected.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
(03) MK Gee A.JP4: How may I help you?

Me: Hi, I understand there is a current promotion going on for free HD Platinum and Starz for 3 months for customers who have paperless billing and CC Autopay?

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: I’ll be happy to help you with that today.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: In order to better assist you I will need to access your account. Can you please provide your home telephone number or the 16 digit account number listed on your DISH Network bill statement?

Me: Before I do that, can you verify if this promotion is currently in effect ?

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Let me check that for you.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Please give me just 1-2 minutes while I check on that for you.

Me: thanks

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: You're welcome.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4:
For this offer HD platinum and starz free for 3 months is only and exclusive offer for our customer who are affected for the channel takedown like Fox.

Me: I guess that means me since we have AT250 + Multisport

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: I see.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: I need to pull up your account first.

Me: Sure...############

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Thank you.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Hold on.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: For security purposes, can you please verify the PIN on the account?

Me: Sure. ############

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: As I check on your account, you can still get the Fox Sports Pittsburgh, so it is not affected.

Me: What about FX, Nat Geo Wild, and the 19 Fox RSN's missing from my Multisport package I pay for!

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Oh, yes that is part of the channel takedown.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: But dishnetwork is working on it to get it back.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Yes, I could probably add this promotion for you.

Me: I understand, I am fully behind Charlie standing up for us customers!

Me: Thank you.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: You're always welcome.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Please give me two minutes to process your request.

Me: Take your time...I'm sure you have lots of other customers at the same time! :)

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: To receive starz and platinum free for 3 months, you must agree to Auto Pay with Paperless Billing. If Auto Pay with Paperless Billing is removed from your account, or service is disconnected, you may forfeit your free programming.'

Me: I understand.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: I'm almost done.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: With the changes made today, your new monthly rate will be $xxxx. Your next month’s bill will be slightly lower as prorated charges/credits will apply on that statement in addition to the new monthly rate. If you choose to change this same programming package again within the next 30 days, a $5 fee will apply, this is for future reference.

Me: I understand.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Everything is all set.

Me: Thanks so much!

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: You're always welcome.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Me: Tell Charlie to keep up the fight! (when he gets back from his trip to the Himalayas!!!)

Me: Have a great day!

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Yes, we will.

(03) MK Gee A.JP4: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a wonderful day!

Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Last edited:
I had online chat with Dish CSR yesterday and within seconds, I was given free STARZ and HD platinum for three months. CSR did mention that there might be good news in week or so for Dish FOX dispute

I can't complain with the free 3 months of Starz I just got, but I wonder why these offers aren't standardized. When I asked about the promos, the CSR had "check with his boss," as if he had heard nothing about them. Then, he said that the Platinum promo didn't exist, and I didn't get PPV coupons when I asked. What is the secret here? Oh well, I'm more than pleased with getting a free movie channel for a while.

The secret is to play roulette. Close the chat window if the CSR is clueless, then try again.

Was told to go jump in the lake. No auto-pay, no consideration. Even tho already paying for PlatinumHD, wouldn't issue a credit for that without autopay.

They gave me a choice.... Either one, but not both. I just took platinum for NBA TV. It's free... I'm happy.

I really hope that you did not get HD Platinum for NBA TV. NBA TV was part of HD Platinum, but it is now part of the America's Top 200 package.

Please see this site to see what channels are part of HD Platinum: HD Platinum - Dish Network
Please note that Sony Movie Channel [http://www.sonymoviechannel.com]was added recently; therefore, it is not in the list on that site.

Regardless, 3 months free is 3 months free! :D
I really do hope that you enjoy the HD Platinum channels as much as NBA TV. :)

I had a chat with a very polite CSR online yesterday afternoon and he gave me the 3 month Starz + HD Platinium offer, plus 3 PPV coupons. I tried to request the multi-sports package and Showtime instead, but he told me the Starz + HD platinum offer was the best he could do for me. I thaven't got the PPV coupons on my e-mail yet but, then again, I have a very aggressive spam filter so e-mail could easily have gone to spam, I'll check later on tonight.

After thinking about it, I decided to go with the autopay thingy.

Got 3 months of Starz and HD Platinum and as Panache70 suggested I asked and got a PPV coupon.

So, I got $74.99 worth (well, I'll have to see) of programming for the next 3 months.

This forum rocks!!!

Two days after, the system gave me three more PPV coupons! (for signing with autopay)

$92.96 worth of programming in total.

So, what are you waiting for? jump in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)