3 Receivers,1 Not receiving satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
I have 3 receivers (all HD) living room and 2nd bedroom receiving everything fine. Sunroom, where my bar is and my favorite spot, was fine until I turned it on last night to watch Maryland Hoops and MNF.Not receiving satellite signal.Was on phone with D* and went through all the procedures and still no service.D* can't come look at it until Saturday. Was just wondering if some of the great minds here have any ideas as to what I could do. I am so piss4d at D*, now that I canceled a DVR I had ordered and am thinking of switching to something else,even though I would lose my sports packages.

Have you tried hooking up one of the other receivers in place of the one that is not working and vise versa. This will let you know if the receiver is bad or if you have another problem.

Why be so mad a Directv just because they can not come out until Saturday. Don't forget that this is a holiday week so there are not as many days for them to get everything done.

I fully realize that it is Christmas week, but at least 10 DirecTv contractors pass right in front of my house each day.How hard is it for one of them to stop and see if it is a simple fix or if they indeed have to come back on Saturday. I spend over $200 a month with them and am not asking for any special treatment, but would expect a little respect for my loyalty and revenue. They are very obviously the only service at this time for the sports nut like me,but like other utilities expect their money each month regardless of loss of service. Great product, pi#$ poor customer service.

I fully realize that it is Christmas week, but at least 10 DirecTv contractors pass right in front of my house each day.How hard is it for one of them to stop and see if it is a simple fix or if they indeed have to come back on Saturday. I spend over $200 a month with them and am not asking for any special treatment, but would expect a little respect for my loyalty and revenue. They are very obviously the only service at this time for the sports nut like me,but like other utilities expect their money each month regardless of loss of service. Great product, pi#$ poor customer service.

10 Cons pass your house and I will guarantee you that ZERO of them know you have an appointment or even a problem, hardly any blame to Customer support. D* has no clue what road a tech drives or even how close you may be to a store, and many others have called in for service or installation before you did. You could always get a poster board and hold it out front of your house like a furniture sale saying "DIRECTV GUY PLEASE STOP HERE, HAVE BEER" I bet one will stop.

Reiterating what JAG said... have you tried moving a working unit to the sunroom to see if you still receive signal? Have you taken the bad unit to a working room? These are the best preliminary tests to determine if it is the box or cable.

You could be surprised to find that it may be an issue with a barrel connection somewhere on that line.

Start from the receiver and work your way back, check the connection at the receiver, the b band converter, the ground block and the dish if you can reach it.

If its still out then swap the receiver with another like others have said, if that location is still out then swap the b band converter, if its still out then swap a line with another at the ground block, if its still out then its your line to that room or the wall plate if there is one.

I continued to tinker with just about everything and on third time of taking all cables out and putting back in, I got the satellite to download to my receiver. It did not have locals and some of my sports package channels,so I reset the receiver and all seems alright for the time being. Thanks for everyone's input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts