3 tuner 2 sat, Switching Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

marciano027

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 25, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hi, this is my first post. I always find any problem searching but this time I think it kind of specific.
I am having trouble connecting 3 tuners. I had a dvr 625 connected to 2 sw21, everything worked perfectly, Recently I bought a VIP 211k Bought another sw21 and 2 3X4 switches
I combined all that, and for once it worked. Then I found that if I have the 2 satellite boxes on at the same time they lose signal.
The 3x4 switches are used and the sw21 switches are not the same brand.
one is ROC Branded the other 2 are the same brand but don't remember.
I don't know what exactly am doing wrong here.
The switch configuration is as follow but instead of disec switch I have sw21.
hxxp://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj300/ftaforever/hardware%20by%20herbal/mutliswitchsetup.jpg
this configuration was recommended by the sat shop guy and told me tha it is what is being don at my current location.

What kind of dish do you have?Is it a dish 500 110/119?If so I would recommend getting a quad lnb for it.The switches are internal on them and if its a dish pro plus you could use a dpp+ separator on the 625.That would give you one independent output for the 211 plus you would have 2 extra outputs for additional receivers in the future.

What kind of dish do you have?Is it a dish 500 110/119?If so I would recommend getting a quad lnb for it.The switches are internal on them and if its a dish pro plus you could use a dpp+ separator on the 625.That would give you one independent output for the 211 plus you would have 2 extra outputs for additional receivers in the future.

There is no such thing as a Dish Pro Plus QUAD only comes as a TWIN.

True, but DishPro and legacy quads exist and would work. The problem, as I see it, is the OP is in Puerto Rico, and he probably doesn't have a D500 on which to mount any type of twin. Isn't there a new dish for Puerto Rico that would work? I am afraid the "sat shop guy" doesn't understand what he is selling.

There is no such thing as a Dish Pro Plus QUAD only comes as a TWIN.

Are you sure about that boba?Seems like my 1000.4 dish has a triple dpp+ lnb.Either way a quad legacy or quad pro or a dpp+ twin would work for what the op needs.

It is a dish 500 110/119, but can't install the dish pro plus because it doesn't work here
My current solution is legacy. I have 2 sat dishes

It is a dish 500 110/119, but can't install the dish pro plus because it doesn't work here
My current solution is legacy. I have 2 sat dishes

Well then get yourself a legacy quad on ebay.Still confused on the 2 sat dishes?you have another dish for 61.5?If thats the case you could go with one quad and a legacy twin on the other dish using 2 sw21 switches.

I fail to see why the DPP twin won't work. I think it will work if the other twins or quads will work.

With legacy dual lnbs you would do better with a legacy 44 switch (sw44). It may be hard to find though. The best solution would be to replace your legacy lnbs with dishpro duals or singles and use a DP34 switch

a quad will not work with 3 rec. if one of them is a 625 it takes 2 lines a seperator does not work with a quad. he should just upgrade the dish to a 1000.4 sience the 211 is a HD rec.

Will go with the sw44 found few @ ebay, dish 1000 doesn't work in Puerto Rico, nor twin LNBs,
as the lnb has to be very separated to work on the same dish.

a quad will not work with 3 rec. if one of them is a 625 it takes 2 lines a seperator does not work with a quad. he should just upgrade the dish to a 1000.4 sience the 211 is a HD rec.

Yes a quad will work with 3 receivers.Even if you run 2 lines for 625 or any dual tuner that still leaves 2 other outputs for single tuner receivers.

Will go with the sw44 found few @ ebay, dish 1000 doesn't work in Puerto Rico, nor twin LNBs,
as the lnb has to be very separated to work on the same dish.

In this case sw44 may be your best bet.

I fail to see why the DPP twin won't work. I think it will work if the other twins or quads will work.

because the Twin/Quad LNB's are designed for a focal length of a Dish 500. IN Puerto Rico they use much larger dishes (4 or even 6 foot) and the gap for 9 degrees is massively further apart than on a D500. They are next to each other on a D500 and on a 6 foot dish they are about 6 inches apart.

Puerto Rico uses a 30" dish now as a "Dish500" and if you see the pics the LNB placement looks like the old Directv Phase II where it was
LNB--GAP--LNB

here is that thread with the PIC
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/209182-new-dish-network-dish-page-ranking.html

now thats a 30" dish....for a 6 footer its much further apart

as for the OP the pic you posted and how you wrote it up as long as the SW21's are Dish Network ones they will work. You do need 2 lines from each LNB to the multiswitch

so, iceberg you think my problem are the sw21? as I mentioned i have 2 kind of sw21 mounted on the switch i think 2 of them are dish, but the 3rd one is ROC branded

so, iceberg you think my problem are the sw21? as I mentioned i have 2 kind of sw21 mounted on the switch i think 2 of them are dish, but the 3rd one is ROC branded

I'd have to agree with Iceberg,the ROC probably doesn't play well with your setup.An original dish SW21 would be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts