3 weeks to get my dish reaimed??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KayGee

Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I had to get a new roof on my house. The roofers moved the dish and now it needs to be reaimed. DirecTV installer says that they can't get anyone out until 3 weeks. I told them that I would pay cash to anybody they could get to come out before then.

sounds like you don't have the protection plan? i called because my dish needs tweaking....they gave me appointment 2 days later!

If your in the southern part of the country, it is because of all of the storms lately, they have shifted some of the techs south to help out in that part of the country or so they told me when I had a month lead time for my install.

Between the storms in the south, and the NFL ST deal, they are very busy right now. Unfortunately, and this generally applies to all TV providers, they place their focus on getting new customers rather than keeping their existing ones happy.

I had to get a new roof on my house. The roofers moved the dish and now it needs to be reaimed. DirecTV installer says that they can't get anyone out until 3 weeks. I told them that I would pay cash to anybody they could get to come out before then.

You didn't say where you were , but you may be able to look thru the Yellow Pages and see if you can find anyone locally, often a good Home Theatre type place will do them as well.

Keep in mind, if you go this route, expect to have to pay for it to be done.

Jimbo

That's a shame because that was the time to have the roofers install/fabricate a nice permanent mount and access way to carry the cabling into your attic.

Where are you located?

I'm located in Stone Mountain Georgia (30087) a suburb of Atlanta. I actually did find someone in the phone book but they didn't want to service my area. They must be plenty busy in thier home area of Cobb county.

My old SD dish was actually mounted against the bricks on the back wall of the house. They installed my HD dish on the roof while I was out of town and my wife was the only one at home. I'm guessing because it is bigger and heavier??

I've been hoping to see a DirecTV truck in my area so that I could flash cash to the installer to come and spend 15 minutes on my roof reaiming my dish. I keep calling the local contractor that they assigned my service call to but everyday they say that Sept 30 is the soonest that they can make it.

When they do come out, I'm gonna generously tip the installer and try to get his cell number so I can call him directly if I need help again.

If anyone local to me is reading this... I have cash in hand !

I'm located in Stone Mountain Georgia (30087) a suburb of Atlanta. I actually did find someone in the phone book but they didn't want to service my area. They must be plenty busy in thier home area of Cobb county.

My old SD dish was actually mounted against the bricks on the back wall of the house. They installed my HD dish on the roof while I was out of town and my wife was the only one at home. I'm guessing because it is bigger and heavier??

I've been hoping to see a DirecTV truck in my area so that I could flash cash to the installer to come and spend 15 minutes on my roof reaiming my dish. I keep calling the local contractor that they assigned my service call to but everyday they say that Sept 30 is the soonest that they can make it.

When they do come out, I'm gonna generously tip the installer and try to get his cell number so I can call him directly if I need help again.

If anyone local to me is reading this... I have cash in hand !

I didn't see if you say that your dish is inaccessible to you (too high on the roof) but you could likely do the realign yourself if you're patient and have a helper. Something to consider. I cannot find the threads right now but there are several about self-install and tweaking signal.:cool:

If it were me, since i have mine on the foor over the eve of the house i would look under and see where the holes were previously and drill up and remount throuhg existing holes..

In a sence if the dish was not dismantled it would give you close to the same signal strength you had before...

just remember to use calking in the holes before you screw it down. even if the holes were stripped you could get a nut and bolt and secure it that way....

3 to 4 weeks was what DTV told me to realign my dish. Do not currently have the maintenance plan. DTV wanted to charge me the monthly plan fee for 1 year and I think $29. I passed. My situation isn't that bad since only a couple of the channels don't come in (206, 207) but do on 72, 73. I'm going to do the alignment myself (too much work this month), it doesn't sound too hard to do. Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)