30.0 West Hispasat Ku-Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
From 84 degrees west, it's right at the end of my motor's travel. I have a Stab, I believe the SG2100 may go 10-15 degrees further. I'm thinking you're at about 95 west, so an SG2100 would probably get it. And, a fixed dish would certainly be able to get it.

Al

I think you got a chance with a stationary dish, just pull out the compass and check your LOS, I know your pretty good with the bucket mounts, now I remember you posted some pics before and I seem to remember the shed, well anyways as long as you can clear trees or whatever.
try it and have fun.
Magn. Azimuth: 108.72
Dish Elevation: 11.51
LNB Skew : -44

THANKS! I just saw the post a few down about this sat..sorry! But, on my south/southeast side of my house, I just might be able to hit this bird. Now that I think about it, when I had my bucket out checking how far I could go, I was pointed almost to the ground (looked like it at least), and was almost pointing towards my IA5 dish, and was picking up something on the meter. Hmmm, I must try this one! Thanks again!

Make sure you have a universal lnb. I think that bird requires it as it works on a different frequency than you can get with a standard.

mastermesh said:
Make sure you have a universal lnb. I think that bird requires it as it works on a different frequency than you can get with a standard.

No it does not require a Universal LNBF, works with a standard!

I use the QPH-031 Invacom!

The Hispasat slot at 30 west has European beams as well as an Americas beam.
All signals that work on this side of the pond are received in the 11.7 to 12.2 GHz band, which means that a conventional 10750 Mhz linear Ku-band LNBF is all that is needed. Euro-beamed channels may need a universal LNBF, but that's of no consequence to North American viewers.

The perfect antenna that I have found is an upside down mounted 84-E Primestar, which allows me to easily get my 13 degree incoming elevation without any mechanical issues. Just remember to set the skew way over to the 7:30 to 8:00 position in most locations, as it is -40 to -50 in most U.S. Lower 48 locations that have a view of the satellite. Hispasat pointing and skew angles for most major cities can be found on the Global website at www.global-cm.net

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)