30" 16:9 CRT HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdbamer

Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
Ok, after finally processing the question of whether to get a 32" 4:3 or a 30" 16:9 I made the decision to get the smaller 16:9 because I have a 47" 16:9 Panny in the living room and this purchase is for the office/game room and the distance of viewing will be around 7-8 feet. I have HD service so I will use it for cable viewing but the primary use will be for video games(mostly Xbox). So that being said there are 3 t.v.'s that I am trying to choose from. All 30" and all 16:9. The Sanyo, Panasonic and the Toshiba. The only important difference is the Toshiba is able to use 720P. They all seem to be relatively the same price with Sanyo and Panasonic having Walmart versions.

Can anyone offer any advice regarding these 3 sets??

I'd get the model numbers for the tv's you are looking at and do a google search on them like: "tv1 vs tv2 vs tv3 comparison"
You should see some results that way.

I've done a ton of research on all three but was wondering if anyone had any personal info on any of them or had any suggestions.

hdbamer said:
Ok, after finally processing the question of whether to get a 32" 4:3 or a 30" 16:9 I made the decision to get the smaller 16:9 because I have a 47" 16:9 Panny in the living room and this purchase is for the office/game room and the distance of viewing will be around 7-8 feet. I have HD service so I will use it for cable viewing but the primary use will be for video games(mostly Xbox). So that being said there are 3 t.v.'s that I am trying to choose from. All 30" and all 16:9. The Sanyo, Panasonic and the Toshiba. The only important difference is the Toshiba is able to use 720P. They all seem to be relatively the same price with Sanyo and Panasonic having Walmart versions.

Can anyone offer any advice regarding these 3 sets??

Skip those 3 and get the Sony, you won't be sorry :D

Yep, the 30 inch standard (non-XBR) widesceen HDTV that Sony makes is the best HDTV for your bucks. Its contantly rated higher then those 3 TV's. I noticed in a recent issue of consumer reports, it was the highest rated non-XBR also, but I have seen it rated by better sources also. Its a winner at only $999, or less. Its a much better all around TV then either of the TV you have listed. Sony knows CRT HDTV the best! The XBR's are even better, the new 960 XBR (30/34" widescreen) series is the best it gets. You can't top its PQ!

I've read that the Sony is the best but it is also $200 more so it's like a 25% more expensive. It's for my game room so I think I'll stick with one of the three mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)