DEG: 4K Ultra HDTV Sales Up 494% In Q3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
http://hdguru.com/deg-4k-ultra-hdtv-sales-up-494-in-q3/

Sales of 4K Ultra HDTVs were up 494 percent for the third quarter with nearly 2 million sets sold year to date, according to data released Friday by the multi-industry digital entertainment promotional organization known as the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG).

According to the data, 2.8 million U.S. households, of the 96 million total HDTV U.S. households, currently have a 4K Ultra HDTV and nearly 80 million households own Blu-ray playback devices.

Meanwhile, consumer spending on digital entertainment continued to be stable through the third quarter of 2015, helping year-to-date revenue reach $13 billion, remaining even with digital entertainment spending through the same period last year.

They can add a +1 to that 2.8 million. Finally have time to dial in my new 75" X850C. I have it sitting on my old DLP TV stand for now but already bought a Peerless mount for it. I just have to remove drywall to add additional support for the mount since studs do not line up with where I have to mount it.

LOL. So do you just hang out in the UHD forum to be bitter?

BTW, Ive been at the front of SD to EDTV, 720p/1080i and 1080p, DVD's launch as well as HDDVD vs Blu-ray. Don't think I need any lessons.

No, only when I see misleading titles.
Implying that a certain technology is flying off the shelf by choice.
Ultimately it is by choice. There are still plenty of 1080P options out there. People are choosing these 4K devices. No one is forcing them to. This is unlike people being forced to go LED because plasm as are not made anymore. That is what I would consider being forced.

Ultimately it is by choice. There are still plenty of 1080P options out there. People are choosing these 4K devices. No one is forcing them to. This is unlike people being forced to go LED because plasm as are not made anymore. That is what I would consider being forced.
Yes But when salesman and advertising influence 4K to no avail , That's tends to speed up the phasing out process of older Non 4K models.
The customers aren't buying these because they are demanding 4K, they are buying these because that's what retailers are pushing.
Little do customers know, they will be very disappointed when the content few and far between and also a premium price.

Yes But when salesman and advertising influence 4K to no avail , That's tends to speed up the phasing out process of older Non 4K models.
The customers aren't buying these because they are demanding 4K, they are buying these because that's what retailers are pushing.
Little do customers know, they will be very disappointed when the content few and far between and also a premium price.
Sigh. Where to begin? Let's start with price: if the customers don't know what the price is when they agree to buy the TV that's all on the customer. Price is one of the few things where sales people can't hide the ball. If customers can't determine the price of what they are buying in a direct sales scenario, then they should probably reconsider even buying it in the first place.

As far as content, you said for the LOLZ right? There are good streaming options now, UHD blu-rays will be released in the next few months with additional options from Dish and Direct in the next six to nine months. Your suggestion also ignores the upscaling of 1080p content (which many sets have been reported as being excellent).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)