30" dish

Hi Walter. Yes I did read that thread. I'm not so sure a few degrees will help...we really need a Westerly bird at decent elevation. Also, it was my understanding that this additional lease would cover additional channels, not just a mirror?
I'm willing to live with the breakups for a few more weeks. After that, we are remodeling the house and have to move out for a few months anyways so I'll have to pause service unless the rental has a line of sight. . The new remodeled house will have a higher roof, so that may help me get over the trees. If it does, I'll keep Voom. If not, there is nothing more I can do.

Walter, I had Cascade Satellite from Portland do my install and I was very happy with them.

Walter L. said:
Vince2, the only other thing you could try is the 30" dish. Let's see if icesharks get it working. Good luck with you remodel.

Ok Team! Talked to Installer today (From Direct B Satellite Of Portland)
His name is David and He is there installer for Seattle area north. He is very good and does a great job. Definatly not Lazy like some of the people or a person out of Portland I have read about. If he gets your install you will be happy!.

Well He informed me that he recieved the 30 Inch dish today. He did not know what it was at first becuase I believe he said he had not seen on out here in the Seattle area yet.

He go it in a big box and it says VOOM.

He will be here Saturday morning to install it.
I already told him I have run a rg 6 cable on other side of my home from where the small dish is currently.(just in case trees out in distance may be having effect on signal currently) So I can be as far from trees as possible and with shortest cable run for less signal loss. Plus as to not run diplexer from OTA.

I will post success (hopefully) rate later Saturday.

BTW my nieghbor who got voom becuase of me. Called Voom to upgrade to same big 4228 channel master OFA that I have and they are going to also give him a rotor as well.

Fair is fair. I am calling too!

See Ya. :eek:

iceshark said:
Ok Team! Talked to Installer today (From Direct B Satellite Of Portland)
His name is David and He is there installer for Seattle area north. He is very good and does a great job. Definatly not Lazy like some of the people or a person out of Portland I have read about. If he gets your install you will be happy!.

Well He informed me that he recieved the 30 Inch dish today. He did not know what it was at first becuase I believe he said he had not seen on out here in the Seattle area yet.

He go it in a big box and it says VOOM.

He will be here Saturday morning to install it.
I already told him I have run a rg 6 cable on other side of my home from where the small dish is currently.(just in case trees out in distance may be having effect on signal currently) So I can be as far from trees as possible and with shortest cable run for less signal loss. Plus as to not run diplexer from OTA.

I will post success (hopefully) rate later Saturday.

BTW my nieghbor who got voom becuase of me. Called Voom to upgrade to same big 4228 channel master OFA that I have and they are going to also give him a rotor as well.

Fair is fair. I am calling too!

See Ya. :eek:

great to hear! I hope everything goes well, and yes do report back to us! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)