30 sec skip...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys,

Sorry, but I did a search and could not locate the answer to my question. My HR20 has had 30 sec "skip" for a month or so; however, my HR21 still has 30 sec "slip"...is there a way I can get my HR21 to utilize the "skip" feature, rather than watching fast commercials?

Guys,

Sorry, but I did a search and could not locate the answer to my question. My HR20 has had 30 sec "skip" for a month or so; however, my HR21 still has 30 sec "slip"...is there a way I can get my HR21 to utilize the "skip" feature, rather than watching fast commercials?

I don't know if it's available on the HR21's yet, but you can try the same procedure as with the HR20's.

It may or may not work, but cannot hurt to try , as nothing would happen if it's not available.

Jimbo

Stoopid question....but how do you skip 30 sec on the HR20 without seeing fast commercials?:confused:

Menu > Search for shows > Key Word > type in 30 sec skip > Continue.

That should do it, if you want to go back, type in 30 sec SLIP

I haven't done it in a while, but think that is the correct procedure.
The info may be in the DVR Sticky, but not 100 % sure.

Jimbo

just jumped ship from dish,and this 30 sec "slip" has my wife freakin,because she was so used to the 722 remote.im glad I switched(no way they were adding NESNHD for opening day,and hotpass kicks!)but my wife is not happy with the DVR,not only the "slip",but also the ssllloooowww channel changing.is there hope they will address these issues?

Menu > Search for shows > Key Word > type in 30 sec skip > Continue.

That should do it, if you want to go back, type in 30 sec SLIP

I haven't done it in a while, but think that is the correct procedure.
The info may be in the DVR Sticky, but not 100 % sure.

Jimbo

Thanks, I'll try it tonight.

I have done it on both the HR20 and HR21 using the above directions, however using the search terms '30skip' and '30slip'. I'm not saying the above search terms don't work, but I know for a fact these do.

I think I must be in the minority, but I didn't like 'skip' and went back to 'slip'. (once I finally figured out what the difference was :) )

JIMBO,that speeds it up,but you can still see it advance,also where is the LIVE TV button?

There is no such thing.

Actually it depends what he's meaning by "Live TV"
IF you are watching a recorded program and want to go to "LIVE" TV as in the satellite channels, then YES, you CAN do that.

While watching your recorded program, IF you hit the "EXIT" button, it will take you back to "Live TV", however, I did not check to see what it did to the recording you were watching .... Does it pause it, keep playing, or reset to the menu where you chose what you want to view ?

Jimbo

While watching your recorded program, IF you hit the "EXIT" button, it will take you back to "Live TV", however, I did not check to see what it did to the recording you were watching .... Does it pause it, keep playing, or reset to the menu where you chose what you want to view ?

While watching a recorded program and you switch to live TV either by just changing the channel or by hitting "exit", you can then hit the "previous" button and it will take you back to your recording right where you left off. The recorded program does not continue to play while watching live TV.

While watching a recorded program and you switch to live TV either by just changing the channel or by hitting "exit", you can then hit the "previous" button and it will take you back to your recording right where you left off. The recorded program does not continue to play while watching live TV.

Thanks Burk,
I've done it before and played around with it for a while back then, but forgot exactly what it was that happened :)

Jimbo

The Live button death metal is looking for is the same I was asking about in another thread.

It's great if you pause or rewind LIVE TV. Let's say you hit the skip back to catch something you missed, dish and Comcast have a button LIVE TV when pressed puts you back into the live mode. With Direct you would need to hit the skip forward as there is no LIVE button.

The 30 second skip will work with the latest D* downloaded software. The HR21's updates were rolled out last week or so. The 20's were updated a while back. You have to have the newer update before you can activate the skip function. Follow the search procedure that is listed earlier in this post.

I have done it on both the HR20 and HR21 using the above directions, however using the search terms '30skip' and '30slip'. I'm not saying the above search terms don't work, but I know for a fact these do.

I think I must be in the minority, but I didn't like 'skip' and went back to 'slip'. (once I finally figured out what the difference was :) )

I believe that YOU are correct,it should be 30skip, not 30secskip as I incorrectly mentioned above.

Thanks for catching that Scottie :up

Jimbo

I prefer slip also.

Having come from a TiVo based DVR, I prefer Skip.

I came from TiVo as well, but I prefer slip, especially when watching NFL games. A lot of times with skip, I find that I'm seeing the tackle being made rather than the ball being snapped at the line of scrimmage. With slip I can hit the jump back button when I see the ball being snapped. I would say that it's a plus with the HR20 that the user has both options available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)