Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well this just aint going well. :(

Thought about the free HD promotion so I called D* about a week ago. They tell me I can get it BUT I need to be on auto pay with D*....I have my D* bill through Qwest. So I call Qwest and submit an order to move it back to D*

Called Tuesday and they said it still hadnt been done yet...hmmm....order said the 15th. Oh well. I call today and talk with the guy. He tells me $99 for the HD receiver (doesnt give me an option for a DVR even though I asked) and $49 to install the dish. He also mentions to me I didnt need to move the account back to D* since D* considers a acct that a Telco bills for as on auto pay anyways. SO I'd qualify for the $5 off discount for bundling and the $10 HD waived.

So I try CSR roulette...the lady tonight tells me about the $10 HD access fee. I mentioned about it getting credited and she mentions that they could. Then she tells me
$199 for the DVR or $99 for a HD receiver
$49 for the install AND
$50 since I'm too "new" of a customer and to check back in 3-4 months to see if I qualify for a better promotion.

uh....why the hell didnt someone tell me this the other 2 times I called about the extra $50?

screw it...I guess the next call is moving it back to Qwest to get my $5 discount and I guess I'll deal with SD still. Dont get me wrong, I want to move to HD but I'm not paying $200 or $300 to upgrade. I know I'd maybe do just the HD receiver as the R22 can do HD but damn...

yeah I know....I should have ordered HD at the getgo....yah I get that :rolleyes:

Whats the 50.00 extra all about?? :confused:

I know this does not help you price wise, but I see on the Direct website, you can choose to not have professional instalation and save the 49.00

I need the slimline...all I have is a Phase III right now

yeah I was told "I was too new of a customer" (4 months) but seriously....$50 "just because"????

Hell I might grab a HD receiver and tell my neighbor I'm using his dish. He has a slimline (old style) that he doesnt use. He canceled D* about a year ago. Its about 10-12 feet from my "dish farm" anyways :p

Iceberg, add protection plan to your account and the install will drop to $15.00 and if all else fails and its a shame it has to come to this, threaten to cancel service and get to the loyalty dept. and theyll give you a break.

Iceberg, add protection plan to your account and the install will drop to $15.00 and if all else fails and its a shame it has to come to this, threaten to cancel service and get to the loyalty dept. and theyll give you a break.

I don't think they will give him much of a break if he's only been a customer for 4 months....his ETF would be very high at this point.

yeah I was told "I was too new of a customer" (4 months) but seriously....$50 "just because"????

Hell I might grab a HD receiver and tell my neighbor I'm using his dish. He has a slimline (old style) that he doesnt use. He canceled D* about a year ago. Its about 10-12 feet from my "dish farm" anyways :p

I'd love to see a pic of that dish farm

Iceberg if I had your money I'd burn mine.....:eek: On the other hand if both of us had claude's money we could have a heck of a bonfire. :cool:

All jokes aside, with your knowledge & ability ebay might be a cheaper option. None the less it would be an out of pocket expense. :(

I recall your last post about switching the accout to D* since you couldnt have the $10 credit, now they are telling you that you can? I love when one CSR says something and the next CSR tells you something opposite. (Should be illegal)

I have never heard of a $50 charge "just because" obviously I would reccomend you call back and enjoy the hold time....and hopefully you get different pricing.

A little off topic, but I had some of the best times in my life just to your west in Hanover. Early in the a.m. the stench from the paper mill would overwhelm the senses. So we nicknamed "Spring Grove" to "Stinky Grove". Is it still the same? I have not lived in that area since the early 90's.

I recall your last post about switching the accout to D* since you couldnt have the $10 credit, now they are telling you that you can? I love when one CSR says something and the next CSR tells you something opposite. (Should be illegal)
yep and the sad part is both CSR's sounded like they knew what they were talkinga bout.

I have never heard of a $50 charge "just because" obviously I would reccomend you call back and enjoy the hold time....and hopefully you get different pricing.
I might try that again just to see :)

ask and you shall receive ;)

These are from about a month ago

3 dishes on the roof
30" Winegard motorized dish (in the 7th year of operation)
36" GeosatPro motorized dish
Directv Phase III

6 foot dish aimed at 99W
Primestar aimed at 105W Ku
WSI 4 footer aimed at 121 C-Band with 2nd LNB for 125W

Dual antennas on the roof
top one is a VHF Hi aimed to pick up a distant CBS/Fox (KEYC 72 miles away)
bottom one is aimed at Minneapolis

In pic 1 you can actually see part of the slimline the neighbor has (if you blow up the pic)

Attachments

• PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 218
  • PICT0010 (2).JPG
    PICT0010 (2).JPG
    899.8 KB · Views: 192
  • PICT0011 (2).JPG
    PICT0011 (2).JPG
    818.8 KB · Views: 216
  • PICT0012 (2).JPG
    PICT0012 (2).JPG
    841.9 KB · Views: 200
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 196
  • PICT0004 (2).JPG
    PICT0004 (2).JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 171
Iceberg. Didnt I recall in a previous post, that you live in a HOA? If this is correct...how do you manage all those dishes?

Edit: Oh wait, I think I also remember you saying you were one of the "directors" ?

Iceberg. Didnt I recall in a previous post, that you live in a HOA? If this is correct...how do you manage all those dishes?

Edit: Oh wait, I think I also remember you saying you were one of the "directors" ?

I'm the president of the HOA so I have some pull ;)
I do have the FCC OTARD in my back pocket and have used it for other folks in the association. The only dish that doesn't protect me is the 6 footer (well the 4 footer too...OTARD is 1 meter) ;)

But the rules of the association are the dish has to be on the deck or the edge of the roof and preferred to be on the non driveway side which everyone adheres too :)

The antenna on the roof they havent said anything yet but OTARD protects me :)

Too bad you don't live near me. I have two of them sitting in my garage.

PM Sent but just a recap for you all on free hd promo.

1. If your bundled with a teleco and are enrolled in One Bill billing / aka Verizon/Qwest/ATT (with ATT your dtv services must appear on your ATT bill not a separate bill ) This is considered Autopay as the Teleco pays us for you and then puts the charges on your bill.

2. If you have any other Free HD like Free HD for a year or Free DVR for a year we can not put the Free HD offer on the account also after it is on the account do not try to get Free DVR service as just not going to happen.

3. Yes the 50 dollar just because fee sucks it happens alot two new customers and or bad customers sadly.

4. If you were offered free HD or HDDVR at orginal install and you decline for any reason you have 14 days from installation to change your mind and get the offer of the free HD / HDDVR other wise after 14 days it goes to normal lease pricing and your sol.

It is amazing to have you around StoneCold.

I still want to know more about this $50 just because" fee

What exactly is it?
you said "new" or "bad"
I find it funny, he is considered "new" but not "new enough"

/roll cue

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl67TNDW-0Q]YouTube - Ally Bank "Ice Cream"[/ame]

/cued

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)