$300 bucks to upgrade to HD???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
PM Sent but just a recap for you all on free hd promo.

1. If your bundled with a teleco and are enrolled in One Bill billing / aka Verizon/Qwest/ATT (with ATT your dtv services must appear on your ATT bill not a separate bill ) This is considered Autopay as the Teleco pays us for you and then puts the charges on your bill.
ok. Thats what I figured but it was weird the 1st guy said "no it had to be with D*"

2. If you have any other Free HD like Free HD for a year or Free DVR for a year we can not put the Free HD offer on the account also after it is on the account do not try to get Free DVR service as just not going to happen.
nope. Only credits are the new customer $29 credits

3. Yes the 50 dollar just because fee sucks it happens alot two new customers and or bad customers sadly.
bummer....

4. If you were offered free HD or HDDVR at orginal install and you decline for any reason you have 14 days from installation to change your mind and get the offer of the free HD / HDDVR other wise after 14 days it goes to normal lease pricing and your sol.
I was never offered a HD anything. They asked if I wanted HD access and I said "no" so I got a SD DVR....I know...I'm kicking myself now ;)

Thanks for the info

I always tell people to get the HD at install even if you don't have HDTV just for the instance where you do get a HDTV you will be already set up and don't have to worry about fees. The only thing is the HD access fee you will have to pay. Now if someone tells me they have no plans for a HDTV anytime soon or never, I tell them to get the SD then. It is free at install( at least one HD receiver or HD-DVR is) Just tell the installer you are getting a HDTV in next month or so if they give you slack about hooking it up to a SDTV. Ofg course my area a a 72.5 market and they are giving everyone HD and HDDVR's here.

ok. Thats what I figured but it was weird the 1st guy said "no it had to be with D*"

nope. Only credits are the new customer $29 credits

bummer....

I was never offered a HD anything. They asked if I wanted HD access and I said "no" so I got a SD DVR....I know...I'm kicking myself now ;)

Thanks for the info

Ice,
How long have you been with D* now ?

The HD way right now would net him a free HD-DVR, A free HD and 4 free SD reciever. What is weird is that our market just went MPEG4 Locals, but it will still let you order SD recievers.

It still sounds like a good price (well normal price) if it was not for the "$50 just because fee"
You could drop it some by adding the Protection plan.

The HD way right now would net him a free HD-DVR, A free HD and 4 free SD reciever. What is weird is that our market just went MPEG4 Locals, but it will still let you order SD recievers.

It still sounds like a good price (well normal price) if it was not for the "$50 just because fee"
You could drop it some by adding the Protection plan.

sundrop ,

What happens in our order system is this you order sd recivers it sees that your in a mpeg4 market and then issues HD receivers when work order is issued. There are billing reasons why we do it that way.

I have been with D* since 2006. I have had 4 pro visits for various reasons, initial install, locals available in my area finally, added receiver + HD, guide not working new 3LNB.
I was never charged one dime for any of the 4 visits, gotta like D*.

sundrop ,

What happens in our order system is this you order sd recivers it sees that your in a mpeg4 market and then issues HD receivers when work order is issued. There are billing reasons why we do it that way.

That is Awesome. Your saying If I was a new customer today. I could get one free HD-DVR and 1 HD. Add the 4 SD recievers. They would be converted to HD (free, just like the SD one's are?)

:rant:Im only a 33 day old customer

correct. in Mpeg4 markets HD equpment is sold at SD prices

So HD boxes are 69 and HDDVRs are 99 but you dont order hd / hddvrs what you do is go online and you order SD boxes / dvr at the regular prices of 69/99 and then the order system changes it HD equipment it will not show on the work order that you see but will come is hd equipment due to the mpeg4 market. Key though is order SD equipment.

A little off topic, but I had some of the best times in my life just to your west in Hanover. Early in the a.m. the stench from the paper mill would overwhelm the senses. So we nicknamed "Spring Grove" to "Stinky Grove". Is it still the same? I have not lived in that area since the early 90's.

Sorry just saw this message now....yep still stinky. I actually grew up in Hanover as well and went to South Western. I live north of the papermill so I actually smell the paper less than when I lived in Hanover:)

ask and you shall receive ;)

These are from about a month ago

3 dishes on the roof
30" Winegard motorized dish (in the 7th year of operation)
36" GeosatPro motorized dish
Directv Phase III

6 foot dish aimed at 99W
Primestar aimed at 105W Ku
WSI 4 footer aimed at 121 C-Band with 2nd LNB for 125W

Dual antennas on the roof
top one is a VHF Hi aimed to pick up a distant CBS/Fox (KEYC 72 miles away)
bottom one is aimed at Minneapolis

In pic 1 you can actually see part of the slimline the neighbor has (if you blow up the pic)

Damn! Is there any channel you can't get with this set-up? LOL. My wife would kill me. LOL

Iceberg...have you considered buying an HR24 from Amazon (I know Overstock is out of them) like many of us did? It won't save you a ton, but it will save you some money. You would still have to pay the $50.00 for the slimline install unless you went with the PP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)