301 still valid receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kluken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I have an old 301 my gf wants to use ina spare bedroom, is it still supported by Dish?

yes it is
My dad has 3 of them in various rooms of his house. The 301/311 is very much supported
(the 311 originally had an embedded card while the 301 had a card to be pulled out. That point is now moot after Dish did the card upgrade)

Just add it to your account and check your sub channels, if those blanks complain to Dish, but do not say any word about 'smart card' and a color of it. Else you will end-up to pay for it.

you will need a g3 purple card. just complain till they decide not to charge

I can see Dish doing away with the receivers without 8PSK that new SD local markets require (301, legacy receivers, etc). They are already starting to ship replacements as MPEG-4's.

I think Dish is trashing all the Qpsk equipment as they get it back to their warehouses and only shipping equipment that is 8PSK.

All the QPSK equipment I have been sending back on RMA, we have been getting back 8PSK and in some cases 8PSK, MPEG4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)