30W Hispisat 1C,1D Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rogerduncan100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto
Is anybody getting a signal from this satellite? I get nothing with my 85 cm by 93.5 cm dish, yet it is supposed to have a pretty good footprint over both North and South America.

I am wondering if my dish needs tuning or if the signal is weak or what?

Maybe it's my HD butterfly antenna in the way even though I turned it sideways?

At least it's on the other side of the neigbour's %*@#^*& tree from 83W tuff TV!

Any thoughts will be appreciated.:)

(Hispasat, not Hispisat)

no problem here on a 1.2. I know other are using smaller dishes with good results. Did you have it before? Using a good TP? 11884 V 27500, 12172 H 27500.

Last edited:
Is anybody getting a signal from this satellite? I get nothing with my 85 cm by 93.5 cm dish, yet it is supposed to have a pretty good footprint over both North and South America.

I am wondering if my dish needs tuning or if the signal is weak or what?

Maybe it's my HD butterfly antenna in the way even though I turned it sideways?

At least it's on the other side of the neigbour's %*@#^*& tree from 83W tuff TV!

Any thoughts will be appreciated.:)

(Hispasat, not Hispisat)

Roger,

Yes, you should be fine with the dish size you are using in the footprint for your area.
If you are certain that you have your LNBF settings corret (always double and triple check to be sure) then you probably just need to spend more time on the alignment.

Are you incorporating a motor to drive your dish? Or is this a fixed point dish? It will be more difficult with a motor, obviously since there are more angles to consider and set up correctly. Not to mention the menu entries in the STB.

If using a fixed point dish, it should be fairly easy, just requiring some additional patience and time. This satellite is going to be low on the horizon, but not too low. Just be on the sly for trees and other obstructions that might be blocking your LOS.

Beyond that, the signal from Hispasat is just fine down here in Nebraska, USA. Fairly strong for me.

RADAR

Hispasat at 30W

Thank you all for the replies.:popcorn

Either my dish is not following the Clarke belt exactly or my OTA butterfly antenna is interfering (or both!).:(

Probably the butterfly antenna is behaving like a tree except worse. It's right in the way but I had no idea there were satellites way over in the east when I chose my dish location. Like I said before, the neighbour's tree is in the way too. My property is much less than ideal.:cool:

Maybe I will start a new thread asking how to level a motor. You can't follow the arc if your motor isn't perfectly level and I think that is what is going on with my setup. The dish is still a bit high for 83W Tuff TV and a little low for 125W PBS, and totally out to lunch for 30W Hispasat.:mad:

Meanwhile I am listening to the Yankees and Rangers on AM radio 880 direct from New York to Toronto. What a wonderful world!:)

rogerduncan100

no problem here on a 1.2. I know other are using smaller dishes with good results. Did you have it before? Using a good TP? 11884 V 27500, 12172 H 27500.

I will try those frequencies the first chance I get.

my friend tray to guet signal out of the motor first and then after did you no the sattelite position and have good signall setup the dish and motor the Hispansat are very low position in canada and on the usa better in canada are latitude 30 in toronto lnb20to15 rith side and t12 in toronto latitude18 to 20 and lnb 15 rith side

Very good signals here but the Arabic tp stations seem alittle weak.Not sure but i think its two satellites at 30w because for some tps you need to move the dish alittle to get them.

Very good signals here but the Arabic tp stations seem alittle weak.Not sure but i think its two satellites at 30w because for some tps you need to move the dish alittle to get them.

2 at 30 Hispasat 1 C & 1D. There are also a 2 at 29: Intelsat 705 & 801. The later shouldn't have much if anything though and are in inclined orbits. This site (SatBeams) will give you even more info that Lyngsat SatBeams - Home.

Hispasat

Good reception in Monterrey, Mexico with a 75 cm offset dish.
Including DVB-S2 channels. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)