30W out of range on a SG9120 motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I found it easier to mount a second dish aimed at Hispasat than to try to get my motor to from 30-127 degrees. Now I go no lower than 43 degrees, and this was a cheap way to solve a small prob.

I found it easier to mount a second dish aimed at Hispasat than to try to get my motor to from 30-127 degrees. Now I go no lower than 43 degrees, and this was a cheap way to solve a small prob.

Depending upon your location, that might be the best advice. If Hispasat was any futher east than it is, I would not be able to latch it with my motorized system as it is.
This has nothing to do with the LOS for this satellite, from my location, it has to deal with the USALS limit and the mechanical limits of the motorized assembly for me.
Hispasat is right at my total limit using my motor, even with DiSEqC 1.2 motor control.

If I resided in the western part of Nebraska rather than the east side of the state, I don't know if I would pull it in with a motorized dish, I would have to utilize a fixed point dish. I believe that I would still get it, but the motor would not take me to it.

RADAR

If I were to set up a fixed point dish for Hispasat, it would probably be easier to pull in and it would probably come in even stronger (although it is 90+% for me as is).
However, in such a case, I would then require two dishes and require a switch in there somewhere. The way I have my system set up now, I don't use any switches.

Excuse me, I have all day and I can not be picked hispasat 30 w can not cue in which position should tour the east or the west live in Michigan ... detroit help me please
dish is 90 cm I'm new in usa in Europe was very easy to grab hispasat

30W should not be a problem from your location as long as you have a clear line of site. I have no problem from 43N 85W.

Go out at around 10am on a sunny day as soon as possible. Where you see the sun is the approximate location of hispasat

30 west

Toronto Canada 30 west on the 36 inch dish no problems qualiti from 58 to 84 .Channels from argentina cuba spain arabe colubia etc about 36 to 38 channels free to air

are there certain channels you're looking for? Some channels like Real Madrid are scrambled
and others are spot beamed onEurope(which sounds like what you're looking for)

I live in the far northwest suburbs of Chicago and I receive Hispasat very well on my motorized 76cm winegard. I also use 1.2 control as I find the USALS is fairly limited for people with a view of almost the entire arc over the continent. My dish looks like it is aimed below the horizon, but remember that most of these Ku band dishes are offset by approximately 22 degrees.

I'm a little confused by this issue because when I see a motor like this that says 75 degrees east or west you would think it can easily do 30w for everyone. If you look at the item description at sellers who give all the details there is an elevation limit of 10 degrees so is it not really capable of 75 degrees east? The SG2100 shows an elevation limit of 25 degrees and claims 70 degrees either way. So is getting 30w impossible on that motor?

I'm a little confused by this issue because when I see a motor like this that says 75 degrees east or west you would think it can easily do 30w for everyone. If you look at the item description at sellers who give all the details there is an elevation limit of 10 degrees so is it not really capable of 75 degrees east? The SG2100 shows an elevation limit of 25 degrees and claims 70 degrees either way. So is getting 30w impossible on that motor?

The elevation of a motor (Not the dish) is equal to 90 deg less your latitude, so if you live at 46.5 degrees North the elevation of the motor would be set: 90 - 46.5 = 43.5 degrees. With most motors you don't need to do this calculation because there is a Latitude scale in addition to the elevation scale, you just set the motor to the latitude of the installation location. If your longitude is less then 100 degrees W then a +/- 70 degree motor would hit 30W IF you have a line of site (LOS) and it doesn't sit too low on the horizon.
Bob

The elevation of a motor (Not the dish) is equal to 90 deg less your latitude, so if you live at 46.5 degrees North the elevation of the motor would be set: 90 - 46.5 = 43.5 degrees. With most motors you don't need to do this calculation because there is a Latitude scale in addition to the elevation scale, you just set the motor to the latitude of the installation location. If your longitude is less then 100 degrees W then a +/- 70 degree motor would hit 30W IF you have a line of site (LOS) and it doesn't sit too low on the horizon.
Bob

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts