311 in constant reboot

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
A local bank has 3 receivers hooked to a turbo HD a 2 of which are 311's and the thrird being a 322. A few month ago the 1st 311 was going into a reboot stage. I replaced the suspect receiver out with another 311, things were ok until last week where the receiver was doing the same thing. this was a different reciever in the same location doing the same thing. I replaced the LNB and it did not fix the problem. Am I dealing with a bad cable? It also displays Default Sat. not 110 or 119 when it goes through its initial transponder test. THe two other receivers have not shown any signs of this behavior

DishInstallAdam

Sure sounds like faulty receivers to me.Wouldn't hurt to check the cable just to be sure but most likely just a series of bad 311's.

Hard to say for sure,there are many refurbs out there though.Did you get them direct from dish?

A constantly rebooting receiver is usually a sign of a short in the line. It could be from water in the line outside, or it's usually a little piece of braid wrapped around the center conductor in one of the connectors. Check every connector in that line closely - I'll bet you'll find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)