311 Loses 105 locals with just a little rain!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mickdog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I have a 311 and a 111. When it clouds and rains, the 311 loses signal on Satellite 105. The 111 does not. Faulty receiver? Dish say's so, I got my set up through an independendant and got the 111 after the original installation and installed it myself. Does anyone think the reciever is faulty? Dish will hapilly send me one for 14.95 for shipping, but I want to try to get the installer to fix the problem. :shocked

More likely a bad connection. Do you have good compression connectors, like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=32848&sspagename=STRK:MESSE:IT&rd=1

Another problem might be the cable going to the DP34 switch. I am a professional installer and have noticed that the DP34 is sometimes finicky about the length of the coaxial cable's center conductor. If it does not penetrate enough, it might not make a good enough connection.

Loss of signal in one receiver usually has to do with the connection. Worst yet is if the cable leading to that receiver is made with RG59.

I would like to think its probably a signal strenght problem. I dont know what DMA (Local) ur in but here in Kansas teh locals are on transponder 13 and i get it 60 to 70 and have had no complaints but it has not rain here that much either.

I will second what Mike500 says, I had an issue with an DP34 switch because the center wire in the coax connector was not long enough to make contact. It could also be a bad wire or connector between the receiver and the switch, but from the switch to the dish should be fine. That is the most likely situation. A signal that is pretty weak could cause the problem if it is on the edge of getting a signal lock but not as likely with this scenario.

Well i didnt notice that only one lost there signal. That was my fault. If its not to hard you might swap the receivers and see if the problem follows the reciever. If the problem go with the receiver then look at the receiver instead of the cable. With a DP34 it might be easier at the pole to swap the cables going inside. I think you would need to run a check switch after swaping them.

Same Result on other cable.

I had the same result using the cable attached to the 111 unit when I did all my trouble shooting. So that eliminated the cable as a cause.

:smug
Mike500 said:
More likely a bad connection. Do you have good compression connectors, like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=32848&sspagename=STRK:MESSE:IT&rd=1

Another problem might be the cable going to the DP34 switch. I am a professional installer and have noticed that the DP34 is sometimes finicky about the length of the coaxial cable's center conductor. If it does not penetrate enough, it might not make a good enough connection.

Loss of signal in one receiver usually has to do with the connection. Worst yet is if the cable leading to that receiver is made with RG59.

Well i hate to says its the receiver until i know more.

1. What locals are you getting?
2. What is the signal strength on the 105 Trans that ur locals are on. If you dont know post ur locals and i will tell yo which transponer you need to check out.

I still feel as hard as it is to lock on to the 105 it might be a low signal strength problem. I have not seen to many receivers with that problems but its possible.

Bruno

Well....

Turned out signal was low, however, still, the 111 picks it up, even while low. So, I am going to say that the extra features of the 311 degrades it's ability to pick up on signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)